AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a DVR model scientific atlantic 8300HD -

Model of remote: Comcast URC-106XXXXX Silver Remote

Ok big button on the front says on demand but not working right for me. It goes to something other than my on demand services channel 199 to be exact which we don't have -- but all of the Extended Function Codes (EFC) are for the southern or western regions of the country. My cable company use to be Adelphia but through a buyout/bankruptcy it's now Comcast. I Need to find the EFC code for channel 900 which is the correct channel for on demand -- they're all entered through 5 digits so for example when i enter 00900 it causes the button to go to channel 3 -- EFC code 009003 causes it to go to channel 5 -- Comcast customer support basically responds with "DEE DE DEE" we don't know. And I'm (DEE DE DEE) sorry you're a victum of the take over. Don't know when that button will ever work. Adelphia customers are paying for it in the long run. My DVR set kept being turned off so I called to find out why and was told my activation codes that I got through a deal with Adelphia didn't work right with comcast updates that were being sent out. Said it would take a month for a tech to come out. So I had to change what I was paying monthly.

I can make a few of the buttons go to channel 900 through a macro feature but not the big on demand button --

· Registered
726 Posts
I just looked at my 1067. Macro is: cable, 1, select. On Demand is channel 1 on my Comcast system (Portland, OR)

You can always get to On Demand by hitting menu twice to get to the main menu, and selecting On Demand from there. That is the way I do it on my universal remote.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.