AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put in a bid for $219 and it seems I "won" a ReplayTV 3030.

Shipping charges are quite high though.

All in all, I guess it is cheaper than ebay.

Now only if there was a $100 rebate for this.

Ubid had quite a number of these units.

Did anyone here pick one up?

How much did you pay?

Thanks,

Ray

·
Registered
107 Posts
I "won" one for $219 on 10/22 but was then whacked with $44.80 in shipping for UPS ground despite the disclosed figure being more like $28.80.

Not that it has left the warehouse yet:(

I email them my "frustration." So here's hoping.

·
Registered
334 Posts
NitrousFoxide,

You may have forgotten to select the "Fedex Ground" option when you placed your bid.

It defaults to "next day" if you don't override the shipping, and of course "next day" is much more expensive.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I got one for $209 (w/$28.80 shipping). You had to catch that "default" next day setting...I almost missed it.

I'm trusting that I won't have any "problems" with this "Comcast" unit vs. Replay or Panasonic. From what I've read thus far, it doesn't look like it'll be an issue...anyone disagree?

David.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Jvidalny-

You are absolutely right I did whack myself for fedx overnight. I had noticed the default before but in my end o' auction haste i think i refreshed the page.

alas, i'll have to take my frustration out elsewhere.

thanx.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
You also have to be careful if you have a scrolling wheel mouse. I've been bitten by trying to scroll the web page while the shipping field was highlited and having the wheel change the value there instead of scrolling the page!

·
Registered
405 Posts
snatched 4 open box @$125.00 from best buy in indiana

with out rebates PLUS 4 with rebates of $100 on openbox at another indiana bb and they matched price of $125.00 receipt since they were open box..net result missing 1 remote and 2 sets of cables..awww...and paid $1000.00-$400.00 rebate =$600/8

equals $75.00 per unit! :-}}}

now what to do with them all...hehe

nice xmas gifts for family

·
Registered
239 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rxman
paid $1000.00-$400.00 rebate =$600/8

I wish I could bring myself to hate you for getting such a good deal, but I can't - I am jealous, though. The BB stores here in Southern California have been out for a while. Oh, did I mention I live in CALIFORNIA? Well, I'll have to settle with that.....

Just kidding.... good deal!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Here's my experience so far with Ubid. I saw these units and took a swing at getting one. Placed a bid with a max of $199 on an auction ending at around 2:30am or so. Went to be, got up and checked, it was listed as a losing bid on the "My Bids Page" or whatever they call it. Winning bid range was $209 - $219. I have an email with a "sorry you missed out but here's a link to another of the same type of item" message on it. So I follow the link and make a bid, $209 max this time. This was all on last Friday morning. The second auction was to end that afternoon sometime. I get home from work and check up on it and discover that I'm now the proud owner of... TWO of these things. Why? Because in the fine print somewhere they say they reserve the right to reinstate losing bids if some of the winners are disqualified for some reason. I send an email to them basically saying "umm, I don't think so". I had no reply by Monday morning so I cancel my credit card which has not been charged for either of them yet. (Thank goodness). It is now 6 days after the initial bid and there's still absolutely no word from them at all, either about my email on the double win, or about my credit card not being valid. You'd think they'd at least be trying to get payment by now.

So, all in all... what a shady way to do business.

·
Registered
113 Posts
You could flog them on FleaBay, and use the proceeds for 100+ Gb drive upgrades, or even a 4K. And still have money left over for presents for your family.

Used units are going for $200+. Brand new ones for $350+. You're probably best getting the rebates yourself, as FleaBay buyers might not get it redeemed by Panasonic.

So now you just have to worry about how to submit multiple MIRs ....

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Quote:
$1000.00-$400.00 rebate =$600/8

Aren't the rebates supposed to be only one per household/person? Are you sure you will be able to get all 4? It is still a good deal if you only get one rebate though.

Scyber

·
Registered
450 Posts
Out of curiosity, were these 20 or 30 hour units?

Quote:
snatched 4 open box @$125.00 from best buy in indiana

with out rebates PLUS 4 with rebates of $100 on openbox at another indiana bb and they matched price of $125.00 receipt since they were open box..net result missing 1 remote and 2 sets of cables..awww...and paid $1000.00-$400.00 rebate =$600/8

now what to do with them all...hehe

nice xmas gifts for family

·
Registered
246 Posts
I got two words for anyone contemplating buying anything from Ubid:

Caveat emptor

OK,

and these extra words:

Expect to usually get what you pay for. When something seems to good to be true it usually isn't--true that is. Ubid unloads a lot of junk, just know that going in.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I received my ReplayTV on the 25th.

The unit seems to be brand new, except for the photocopied

quick start manual.

There is a Comcast logo on the unit, remote and printed manual.

I will hook it up this weekend after I run a phone line to my

equipment rack.

Ray

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, I finished running the phone line Saturday.

Since then, my replay has been unabe to dial out.

I have double checked the line, and everything is in order.

My replay cannot get past the setup screen. I cannot get

the local numbers.

I plan to call tech support tonight and hope they can help.

If not, I will ask for a rma#, return the unit and let them deal with it.

Ray

·
Registered
334 Posts
I bought two last week on separate auctions (one for a friend and the other for me), and both ran setup flawlessly, and both have upgraded to Version 3.

I now have (all unhacked):

2 3060

1 3030C

1 2020

I'm planning on giving the 2020 to my brother-inlaw (I should probably make a copy of the HD just in case, I've had the 2020 unit since January 2000).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.