AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any1 have comcast HDTV and are you having problems with NBC and Showtime, I'm getting sick of this, Showtime isn't coming in nor is NBC. I've been having problems with these two stations since I've gotten my service on Monday.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can any one out there give me any idea's as to why this is happening. I know it's not my connection's because HBO and ABC come in rock solid all the time, no break ups or anything of that nature. Showtime and NBC on the other hand have video break ups every 5 second's or so, what could be causing this???????????

·
Registered
510 Posts
I live in center city philadelphia and have had many problems with comcast, as well as comcast service. I had HDTV cable hooked up last fall, and went several months with constant video and audio breakups (often in combinations of 2 channels, similar to how you describe). It seems it has something to do with how they broadcast, or something. The 4 channels are each connected in 2's somehow, so the signal usually is not sufficient on both channels if there is a problem.

I had service techs come out on about 8 occasions, each time they really knew little about HDTV, and had NO idea how to fix anything. I called several supervisors, and got no replies (for months). It was only after my posts on here got seen by a Comcast Marketing executive from another state that I got some action. He was nice enough to give me his number, and within 15 minutes, I got 2 calls from the local supervisors.

They came out to my location, and could still not fix it. It was only after they fixed something on their end (from their central location that it resolved, and finally works acceptably (occasional breakups, but at least not every few seconds).

In summary............don't expect very good service from comcast, unless you really push them, and the problem could be on your end (possibly connections, or the signal strength not quite strong enough to your location), or, as in my case, it may be a problem on their end.

Also, when they come out, insist they bring their meters out to test the strengh of the signals.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well a tech came out today and said that they are having the same problems at their office, he said the signal for South Jersey is coming from Delaware, and there is a problem that they are aware of it and they are working on it. He went on to say to get in touch with the right people and they will credit my account. All in all I think this sucks and is a form of false advertisement. If they know that the stations Showtime and NBC very rarely come in they should let that be known. What is everyone elses thought's on this matter, I'm curious to know.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Like I said, I had a similar problem, and got the same sort of answers, but the truth is, until someone at comcast went to bat for me, nobody who knew anything about HDTV really spent any time looking into it (4 months), and once the person saw my complaints on this board, they found the problem and had it fixed in one week.

They did refund my money for those 4 months, retrospectively though.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just ordered Comcast's HD service. I am getting service from their Pleasantville, NJ office.

Is there anything I can do to help prevent the problems you are having with signal drop off on NBC & ABC?

They are to come to my home in a couple of days. Other than checking signal strength, what can I tell them? During the daytime hours, there are no NBC & ABC HD broadcasts, so I will not be able to point out the problem, is this correct?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.