AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hearing that Comcast Sportsnet HD in Philly will be returning to channel 172 around the beginning of March. No more using the INHD2 feed. This could be great news for the Philly area. Comcast is really listening to its Customers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
327 Posts
In DC they are still sharing and 90+% of the time you get no signal the other 10% it drops every 3 to 5 seconds. I've called Comcast Arlington and they admit they have a problem at the "head" and credited me $10. Do you think the seperating them will solve this problem or are you having this problem in Philly?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
The only time I watched CSNHD when it was 24/7 was when there was a HD game on. So i dont mind them splitting time with INHD2. I know I could not live w/o CSNHD though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
I've heard in early March - channel 172?


That means there will be even more HD programming available on INHD2 as they won't be pre-empting for CSN HD like they do now.


That puts Comcast in my area at 12 channels of HD plus Fox Widescreen


ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, ESPN, INHD, INHD2, HBO, Cinemax, Starz, Showtime, and now Comcast SportsNet HD back full time (and Fox Widescreen at 480p).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,750 Posts
This is a good thing. It will be nice to have CSN on a digital channel now (again). I just wish they wouldn't stretch the picture, but it isn't a big deal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,884 Posts
Yes! It would be awesome if some of the studio shows go HD.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
The return of a full-time CSN-HD would be welcome. At least on larger screens, the quality of non-HD games on the analog station is dreadful, and was actually quite good on the digital station (even with sidebars, after CSN stopped stretching).

Now that us Philly sports fans have nothing else left, anyone have any scuttlebutt on what the Phillies HD schedule will look like?

One final note: what do we have to do to get Comcast to correct the periodic "out of focus" phenomenon that still is plaguing Sixers and Flyers HD broadcasts?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,889 Posts
All Phillies home games shown on CSN will be in HD. This does not include CN* or UPN 57 games.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by trickd
One final note: what do we have to do to get Comcast to correct the periodic "out of focus" phenomenon that still is plaguing Sixers and Flyers HD broadcasts?
I personally have emailed CSN several times about this, but have gotten no reply. It looks like the same problem ABC had w/NBA Finals last year. Maybe they're hoping we just get used to it!


-3nsDan

South Jersey
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by the q
I've heard in early March - channel 172?


That means there will be even more HD programming available on INHD2 as they won't be pre-empting for CSN HD like they do now.


That puts Comcast in my area at 12 channels of HD plus Fox Widescreen


ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, ESPN, INHD, INHD2, HBO, Cinemax, Starz, Showtime, and now Comcast SportsNet HD back full time (and Fox Widescreen at 480p).
Do you happen to know if when CSN-HD goes full time again whether or not you will need to subscribe to Digital Plus to get it like it was in the past?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
I've been told that Comcast SportsNet HD ch. 172 will be a digital classic channel, this is their lowest level (read - cheapest) of digital cable service.


If you are now getting CSN HD programs on INHD2 ch. 175, then you will be able to get the return of Comcast SportsNet HD channel on 172 full time at no additional charge. INHD2 is also a digital classic channel.


I don't think that there are any more digital plus HD channels. Their HD channels seem to fall into one of these three categories:


1. included with basic and an HD box (ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS and Fox Widescreen) or

2. included with digital classic (INHD, INHD2, Comcast SportsNet and ESPN) or

3. as a pay service (HBO, Showtime, Starz, Cinemax)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by the q


I don't think that there are any more digital plus HD channels. Their HD channels seem to fall into one of these three categories:


1. included with basic and an HD box (ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS and Fox Widescreen) or

2. included with digital classic (INHD, INHD2, Comcast SportsNet and ESPN) or

3. as a pay service (HBO, Showtime, Starz, Cinemax)


Comcast Arlington (VA) offers categories 1&2 for the $5/mo. charge for the box only. Digital Classic gets you no additional HD stations. However, that might change if INHD2/CSNHD are split on seperate channels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,072 Posts
I'm in Arlington and I don't have the problem you're referring to with the dropouts - I must be in a different headend. I'm in Ballston.


I personally don't mind INHD2 getting pre-empted when there are sporting events on. Back when they had a separate channel for each, CSN was almost always a static schedule of the 4 or 5 games that would be on that month.




Ron
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
Here in Philly, CSN used to have a digital signal available when they didn't have an HD telecast.


So come March 1st, it's back to 24/7 of CSN in a digital format on ch. 172. Plus HD for the home games, just like it was before December.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top