AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Playing around with new HD, Sony 910 on Phila. Comcast.

This is first I've viewed HD, question about Sportsnet.

Watching a few shows (CSN), well, the PQ sucks. All it is is a 4:3 stretched to 16:9. Period. Maybe a little bit clearer but it is all distorted by the stretch. Toggling 'tween 35 and 175 (or whatever it is) reveals the exact same pic. Yippee, big heads woohoo that's nice.

Is this the extent of their "HD" or was it just some Fox feed that all they can do is stretch it. I am hoping hoping hoping the Flyers' games are of decent PQ, like real HD, the whole reason I got the digital plus was to have CSN in it to watch hockey.

Thanks.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,656 Posts
Most all of the programming on Sportsnet is SD.

Go to the web site: http://philadelphia.comcastsportsnet.com/ and click on the HDTV link. The next HDTV game is the Atlanta @ Phillies on 9/26.

The Flyers HD schedule is not listed yet.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken H
Most all of the programming on Sportsnet is SD.

The Flyers HD schedule is not listed yet.
I say my first CSN HD last night in casual surfing. I was beginning to wonder if it was a sham with their HD promotions.

I wonder why only certain games, looking at the baseball HD sked, are HD? I hope the Flyers are a better percentage of HD, 100% would suffice.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Carp, do a search and you will know why not all of their programming is HD and why not all of the Phills /sixers and flyers Games will NOt be in HD.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Actually most (home) Phillies games this summer that I have tuned it to, have been HD, even though they aren't listed on that date list.

I think the PQ is excellent. You must be watching the SD stuff as others suggested.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Ever since ESPN-HD was added, 4x3 SD has been stretched on CSN-HD just like ESPN-HD. Prior to ESPN-HD's launch, CSN-HD SD programming was not stretched.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
At first CSN didn't even upconvert the 480i material, which I liked because it looked nicer then the analog station and I could stretch it at my leisure (plus I could watch it from my composite input, thus watch it from non HD boxes in my home).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.