AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have the comcast Stb and I would like to know what signal everyone sets for the output (480p/i,720,1080i) for the component.

I would like to know if I set the component output at 480p/i etc. would HD broadcast be downrez to signal or what? The book doesn't specify.

· Registered
7,918 Posts
I would like to know if I set the component output at 480p/i etc. would HD broadcast be downrez to signal or what?

Yes it would, it'll convert everything to the format you set it to unless of course the program is natively the same as your setting, then it will just pass it through.

· Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by mjones73
Yes it would, it'll convert everything to the format you set it to unless of course the program is natively the same as your setting, then it will just pass it through.
So if I set the output of the STB component at 1080i would it convert everything to that as well even SD?

· Registered
556 Posts
You can control that with a setup option, the slightly deceptively-named "4:3 override," which is really SD override. You can set output of SD material to either same as HD (i.e., 720P or 1080I), or 480I or 480P. 480I works best for me since I can use my TV's stretch mode to avoid burn-in.

I have the DCT6208 DVR device. I think the 6200 works same-same. BTW, as oft-noted, the SD output for analog channels in not too charming on the 6208 due to the MPEG conversion, so you probably want to just split off an RF line for analog to the TV when you don't need the DVR or digital channel function. (I find the SD digital channels to be OK. Some think they are not so good. The HD channels are great, a little better than DirectTV.)

RA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.