AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, first time poster from greater Boston. As many of you know NESN is now in HD.needless to say I will be ordering digital cable this week. I was wondering what kind of connection the Comcast HD box requires. my DST3000 and dvd player now take up both component inputs on my tv. I don't a dvi input. Wondering if the dvd will be relegated to s-video. Thanks in advance for your response to my newbie question!....Phil p.s the Bruins and Sox in HD...Heaven!!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by BruinsFan
Hi, first time poster from greater Boston. As many of you know NESN is now in HD.needless to say I will be ordering digital cable this week. I was wondering what kind of connection the Comcast HD box requires. my DST3000 and dvd player now take up both component inputs on my tv. I don't a dvi input. Wondering if the dvd will be relegated to s-video. Thanks in advance for your response to my newbie question!....Phil p.s the Bruins and Sox in HD...Heaven!!
Comcast uses the Motorola 5100 HD-STB in the Boston area. DVI is not currently enabled on the 5100, so you need to use the component output and then free up a component input on your set. I suggest you pull the DVD and use S-Video for that. On most hook-ups, the difference will not be too dramatic.

·
Registered
27,252 Posts
In order to get HD, you must use the 5100 box's component outputs. If you use the S-video output, the HD signal will be downconverted to standard definition.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies. In the meantime I found the HD stb synopsis thread...very infomative. thanks again...Phil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.