·
Registered
264 Posts
Sweet! Thanks for the update.

Jerry

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Comcast is really stepping up to the table. I am a D* sub but if they keep adding and finally get CBS I may have to think about it especially now that here in Boston they offer NESN. I guess the only real hook for me as far as D* goes is the Sunday ticket but with PQ on those channels I am not sure that is even worth having anymore.

·
Registered
787 Posts
yeh comcast is amazingly one of the best places to find hd right now. they're continuously adding more and more channels. hbo on demand is on its way too

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
The StarzHD mentioned, is it the one to be part of the Comcast HD add-ons (like ESPNHD and InHD), or the one that requires the StarzSuperPack subscription?

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Funny, I was just wondering when Comcast was going to get Starz HD 5 minutes ago. I wonder if this deal includes the other HD channel, Sharper Movies HD (was that what it was called?).

They already announced Cinemax HD. Of course now we need to know when Cinemax and Starz Hd channels launch.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
 Starz HD announcment

Answered my own question about the other channels name. jacmyoung, that link says the Sharper movies channel would seem to be an add on. I assume the main Starz channel would be just like HBO/Showtime where you have to subscribe to the main channels.

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
Wasn't Starz anti-HDTV? I though they where only going to have a single HD channel and other two where going to be High Res 480p or something? Also isn't the StarZ prez trying to get the Aspect Ratio over to 4:3 for HD?

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
They were anti HDTV, now at the very least they accept it enough to give us 3 HD feeds (east, west, and sharper movies channel). There is the high resolution feed that is widescreen but they didn't say if it's 480i or 480p.

I remember reading something about 4:3 HD too but I can't remember what it was about though.

·
Registered
9,254 Posts
I've been a Dish Network subscriber for two years but being on the West Coast have become tired of the East Coast feeds for HD. I don't see Dish adding West Coast feeds any time soon and looking at Comcast's offering in my area which is already more HD channels than Dish plus the HBO and Showtime channels are West Coast feeds I may well switch. I also notice that both Dish and DirecTV do no promote their HDTV offerings in their full (or multi-page) ads at all yet Comcast does. Also my overall bill will drop significantly because Comcast's basic digital SD package has most all the SD channels I tend to watch.

- Brian

·
Registered
40 Posts
Strange, I posted a message regarding this very same thing and can't find it. Oh well. I agree. Comcast has been quick on their feet with adding HD channels. I say CBS and DiscoveryHD and I'll be happy for a while.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by powaking
Strange, I posted a message regarding this very same thing and can't find it.
It was deleted. This topic was already well under way.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.