AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...hope someone can help! I presently have Comcast and now have Fios available in my neighborhood and "think" I want it. Heard great things and so on. The question I have is.........when I purchased my 65" plasma and mutiple home theater pieces with stereo and so on...the company came and did the install with Comcast. All works well presently.......how difficult will it be for the Fios to be integrated with the current home theater? I have one remote that does it all and automatically transitions the Pioneer receiver to HDMI I when the tv is turned on. Does this seem like a huge issue to swap? Is it worth it?

Thanks in advance for everyones thoughts.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,682 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbforwood /forum/post/16992958

Hi...hope someone can help! I presently have Comcast and now have Fios available in my neighborhood and "think" I want it. Heard great things and so on. The question I have is.........when I purchased my 65" plasma and mutiple home theater pieces with stereo and so on...the company came and did the install with Comcast. All works well presently.......how difficult will it be for the Fios to be integrated with the current home theater?

Easy, for someone who knows what they are doing.

Quote:
I have one remote that does it all and automatically transitions the Pioneer receiver to HDMI I when the tv is turned on. Does this seem like a huge issue to swap?

Not at all for someone who knows what they are doing.

Quote:
Is it worth it?

Most likely.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
The only thing that would change is your set top box if you're using one. Shouldn't be too hard to determine what kinda remote you have and reprogram it...

·
Registered
4,967 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbforwood /forum/post/16992958

Hi...hope someone can help! I presently have Comcast and now have Fios available in my neighborhood and "think" I want it. Heard great things and so on. The question I have is.........when I purchased my 65" plasma and mutiple home theater pieces with stereo and so on...the company came and did the install with Comcast. All works well presently.......how difficult will it be for the Fios to be integrated with the current home theater? I have one remote that does it all and automatically transitions the Pioneer receiver to HDMI I when the tv is turned on. Does this seem like a huge issue to swap? Is it worth it?

Thanks in advance for everyones thoughts.

If you had an independent company come in and do the install, they could easily do the re connection for you and reprogram the remote.

You should have a single coax connection leading to each area, those connections should be re-useable with the FIOS install. The FIOS tech should reconnect and test your FIOS to TV connections, maybe your stereo connections as well.

Your remote, if you don't have someone who can reprogram it, you'll have to reprogram yourself. I use a Logitech remote, which is pretty easy to reprogram.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.