AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Comcast will be installing a DCT5100 HD cable box at my home next week (Tue. Dec. 3rd).

I was disappointed to discover that they'll only provide one HD box per household. I spoke to two different CSRs but they both cited this policy. One gave an implausible explanation about "signal strength issues" and implied that Comcast might never support more than one HD box per household. I suspect that the real issue is the supply of boxes relative to the demand. Regardless, this restriction is a definite inconvenience for me.

Does anyone here know if there's a way around this policy, some way of getting past the official resistance? It seems to me that I've read of others in northern NJ having had two or more HD boxes installed recently by Comcast.

There was a Comcast marketing representative (Julio Montalvo) named in some of the recent threads as a helpful source of information. I've left a phone message for him but I haven't heard back yet.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I apologize for bumping this up, but I hadn't expected it to scroll off the front page of the Forum so quickly.

There's a lot more activity in the "Local Issues" section than I realized.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Ron,

Now don't get me in trouble :), but I got two 5100s installed on the first day HD was available in Essex County. No flak or difficulty; they just wanted to be sure that there were two HD-capable sets. They do charge an additional $6-7 for the second set per month.

I expect that it's probably just a question of their being short of 5100s. I'm sure that they'll be happy to collect an additional $7 per month from you in the future :)

Good luck.

Claude

PS Julio was very responsive when I called. He's either a) swamped or b) on vacation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.