AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it's the Motorola 5100. Is there any plans (or hacks) to turn on the DVI output from this box?

·
Banned
2,411 Posts
Funny, I was just going to ask the same thing.

After hooking up my PC with a new video card (Radeon 9200) with DVI, I was floored at the difference between that and vga/RGBHV for watching DVDs. Now I can only hope that Comcast will come clean and activate the DVI circuit, which I've heard is just a software switch in there somewhere. The installer said that they don't have it turned on because they just don't have the expertise and people to answer all the questions about how to hook it up to other equipment. I can understand that, as it can be a nightmare if it doesn't work. They had a hard enough time getting the component set up right, and they didn't even know that you could select anything but 480i or 480p. So much for Comcast installation...I had to get a faq off the internet as calls to them led to nowhere.

Bob

·
Registered
455 Posts
Some areas have already activated the DVI and other areas should be activated soon. If you have firmware 7.07 then DVI is activated. If you have 5.03 then it is not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.