AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to like the color and font a lot, but i'm not sure it stands out enough. so, whiel it's an improvement, i think they could have done better. thoughts?

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
The color is changable btw.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kevin-

thanks for telling me that. i'll try to get the font a bit brighter ( i think a bright yellow font with the dark blue background would be nice)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
what "new" guide do you have?

The I-Guide or the "Microsoft Enhanced" guide?

I have Comcast here and a couple months ago we were switched to the Microsoft Enhanced guide on all the HD and DVR boxes. The older black Motorola boxes still have the tan "turd" guide.

I do not see any way to change the guide colors in the M$ Guide.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11001011
what "new" guide do you have?

The I-Guide or the "Microsoft Enhanced" guide?

I have Comcast here and a couple months ago we were switched to the Microsoft Enhanced guide on all the HD and DVR boxes. The older black Motorola boxes still have the tan "turd" guide.

I do not see any way to change the guide colors in the M$ Guide.

He's referring to the I Guide for Motorola.

GoIrish

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have a Motorola 6412 and subscribe to Comcast HDTV here in San Francisco.

I still have the ugly yellow/red guide. Do I have to request an upgrade to the color changable menus? Or will that come in some upgrade they send when they feel like it?

·
Registered
469 Posts
I have the 5100 in the Central Valley. It too has the "turd" guide...though my older black Motorola box has the new guide. I asked Comcast about it and haven't gotten a coherent answer yet. If anyone knows something about it, I'm all ears...

·
Registered
796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1_8
I have the 5100 in the Central Valley. It too has the "turd" guide...though my older black Motorola box has the new guide. I asked Comcast about it and haven't gotten a coherent answer yet. If anyone knows something about it, I'm all ears...
The new I Guide is only for the nonHD/non DVR Motorola boxes.

The new IGuide looks very similar to the Motorola DVR guide which also looks very similar to the SARA guide used in SA boxes.

GoIrish

·
Registered
438 Posts
the new i guide that comcast has is only on the non hd boxes because comcast was having bugs with it. Right now though comcast is testing the iguide on the hd boxes in New Jersey so hopefully the rest of us will get the i guide on our hd boxes also.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by oachalon
the new i guide that comcast has is only on the non hd boxes because comcast was having bugs with it. Right now though comcast is testing the iguide on the hd boxes in New Jersey so hopefully the rest of us will get the i guide on our hd boxes also.
it's working fine on my HD box here in NJ (6200). it's a marked improvement- haven't really tested any functionality but the graphics are much better (doesn't look like something from an apple II like the old red/yellow one did)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjv123
it's working fine on my HD box here in NJ (6200). it's a marked improvement- haven't really tested any functionality but the graphics are much better (doesn't look like something from an apple II like the old red/yellow one did)

nice! can't wait until Comcast starts pushing the new guide out elsewhere!

·
Registered
376 Posts
I just got the new Comcast guide yesterday here outside Philadelphia. I also now have a record icon where I can record any of the shows for playback later.

Did Comcast give me a DVR box when they set me up with High Def last February? Do they charge more for this (better check my bill!) Anyone else notice this record fucntion with the new menu? Look for an icon on the info screen with an R in it.

-Gary.

·
Registered
145 Posts
It doesn't record on the cable box. What happens is it automatically changes the cable box to the channel you wanna record so that the VCR can record it, and you don't have the headache of changing the channel yourself.

·
Registered
331 Posts
FWIW, the DVR units are great and for the cost you really can't go back. Being able to watch the 4400 on USA while recording Family Guy, is definately worth it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.