AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My first post was about how I couldn't get 3D to work. Fixed it, now I'll just say, wooow extreme 3D! I recommend this movie for in your face 3D lovers.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
That movie made my eyes hurt with all the pop outs

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I liked the pop-outs (cross talk was kind of bad, though), but after about 30 minutes, I couldn't stand to watch the movie any longer (not because of the pop-outs, but the god-awful story/acting). I'm sorry I bought it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I currently own about 80 3D titles and Comin' At You ranks in dead last place. I hated everything about it.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I currently own about 80 3D titles and Comin' At You ranks in dead last place. I hated everything about it.
I hear you. I got about 20 minutes into it and had to turn it off. It was awful....(3D or not)

·
Registered
305 Posts
I hear you. I got about 20 minutes into it and had to turn it off. It was awful....(3D or not)
I watched the whole thing. It was like an automobile accident, I could not look away. Amazingly it gets like four stars on Amazon so clearly I am in the minority.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I watched the whole thing. It was like an automobile accident, I could not look away. Amazingly it gets like four stars on Amazon so clearly I am in the minority.
I somehow managed to get all the way through The Stewardesses. It was pretty darn boring for being the best selling 3D movie of all time until Avatar came out. The soft core short that came with it (Experiments in Love) was at least more entertaining and had some ridiculous 3D pop-outs (things spraying on the glasses and the like). Yeah, I think 3D for 3D's sake is only so watchable once you have a lot of 3D to choose from. It's more impressive if it's the first thing you ever saw in 3D, although I still wish Disney would release Magic Journeys (and all their other 3D shorts as well for that matter) on BD.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I just watched Comin' At Ya! and I had no trouble making it through. I even liked it. Spears, bats, rats, what's not to like? It does take some refocusing of the eyes and is spectacularly violent but the color/B&W mix was interesting, the flaming spears had me jumping out of the way, and the constant pop outs had me wondering what was coming next.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts