AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
14,793 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfost24 /forum/post/16957622

I almost pulled the trigger on a 6003 but the 3 HDMI inputs have been killing me. Plus, I want Bluetooth...

The solution??????

http://us.marantz.com/Products/2980.asp#

Looks like a nice piece. I wonder if there will be a 7004 and 8004 as there was no 7003/8003.

Bill

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Great to see the *004 line coming out. Marantz always seems a little slow, but they have the Dolby Pro Logic IIz and I am shocked frankly. An even bigger bonus is the Bluetooth ability that is added. Using an Iphone or Bluetooth phone to stream music is a cool idea and very convenient (If you store your music at a high sample rate). Great for them and future *004 owners. 4 HDMI inputs is plenty.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
2 HDMI outputs is a nice surprise!

At first glance this thing looks impressive,

when is it suppose to start shipping?

dc

·
Registered
398 Posts
Looks like they also kept the old staff that wrote their previous owner's guides - which is not a good thing! Here's an excerpt from the "English" owner's manual, p 35: "This menu if for setting surround effect parameters for the various surround input signals so as to bring out the live audio effect of your speaker system."

If anybody knows what the translation is for that, let me know!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've been in contact with people who are in contact with Marantz and they all say that the sr7004 is coming later this year. I have an sr7400 and almost bought an sr6003, but black ones are hard to find these days so I'll wait for the sr6004. It has more nice features and I really want the extra hdmi and component ports. I also heard something about streaming music through ethernet.

s44: what do you mean by can't decode and run Audyssey simultaneously?

Oh and by the way, the sr6004 should be in stores by the end of the month.

·
Registered
98 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazk13 /forum/post/16977002

It means that when it is receiving a hi-rez signal (Dolby True HD etc) the Audyssey processing is disabled.

That seems like a major flaw. The biggest reasons for me to upgrade from the sr7400 is Audyssey and hi-rez sound, if I can't have both at the same it, it's pretty useless to me.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Wow I didn't knew that this receiver has in-built bluetooth, that's a great feature...

About this model

The upside:

2+4 analogue digital inputs

USB

7.1 analogue inputs

7.1 pre-out

2 HDMI output

LCD Learning remote!!

Bluetooth receiver

AC Outlets inputs

The downside:

No HDMI-CEC

No RJ45 port

(to confirm) Only upconversion 1080p/60hz via HDMI (no 1080p/24hz)

Only upgradable via RS-232C

If the 7004 comes with the 4 downside things that I indicated, I'm on it...

I also have a Marantz SR7400, I love this brand

·
Registered
401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decept /forum/post/16979509

That seems like a major flaw. The biggest reasons for me to upgrade from the sr7400 is Audyssey and hi-rez sound, if I can't have both at the same it, it's pretty useless to me.

You can have both if you let your blu ray player do the decoding...

·
Registered
98 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_w /forum/post/16979843

I always thought that it was only possible to use audyssey when feeding an undecoded signal to the AV and that it would disable all fancy calibration stuff and speaker distance when using PCM. Or was that only when using the 7.1 analog input?

·
Registered
114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_w /forum/post/16979843

That's true, but then ALL of your sources must be able to decode.

I own a Blu-Ray that doesn't decode and a Popcorn hour that doesn't do it either.

Why pay for decoders on every source?

·
Registered
269 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by s44 /forum/post/16961565

Still just MultEQ in a $1250 AVR? Looks like they kept the old DSP chips.

This would mean it still can't decode and run Audyssey simultaneously...

but the 6004 also does Dynamic EQ and Dynamic Volume - doesn't this suggest different/additional processing capacity compared to the 03?

Bill

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, since I started this thread, thought I'd provide an update and ask for some input.

I'd been holding out for the the release of the 5004/6004 to see whether or not I really wanted the extra features over the 6003. Well, with the price-drops in the last couple days on the 6003, including Crutchfield today to $799 (free shipping/no tax outside of VA) lured me in, so I pulled the trigger on the 6003.

Anyone out there desperately wish they had the Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ features? The extra 10 watts doesn't say much to me, particularly since the specs say the 6004 is actually lighter than the 6003. 'Splain that one to me?

I was honestly considering going with the 5004 in place of the 6003, and possibly adding an Emotiva UPA-2 if I felt like I needed more power. But, pulled the trigger on the 6003 cause felt like it's been so well received and couldn't pass up such a good deal.

Anyone else out there with the same dilemma? Or anyone want to reinforce that I made the right choice?

1 - 20 of 80 Posts