AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
10,026 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13  /t/1523132/coming-the-incredibles-and-ratatouille-in-3d/0_60#post_24498506

http://www.screendaily.com/news/incredibles-3d-in-the-works/5068659.article?blocktitle=LATEST-FILM-NEWS&contentID=40562

FANTASTIC.  About time.

If only Wall-e were announced.

By the way, this is a rephrase of something I and others have said repeatedly and hopefully will beat back the concept that's been parroting around too much about 3D dying:

Quote:

Regaining audience confidence

Outside of Pixar, he acknowledged that films unnecessarily released in 3D had hurt the medium.

“I think that we as an industry may have lost some of our audience for 3D with releases that didn’t beg for the medium or didn’t warrant the medium or didn’t use the median in a nuanced and sophisticated and comfortable way,” said Hollander.

“I think it’s possible that we drove some folks away from 3D with the higher ticket price or whatever else. But I also think that as the industry settles on a more nuanced approach, I really hope and believe that the audiences will return.”

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In related news...

Disney Chairman and CEO Robert A. Iger today announced that Pixar Animation Studios is developing a big screen sequel to Brad Bird's 2004 superhero adventure The Incredibles. The announcement was made during a meeting of shareholders and D23 Members during the company's annual meeting today in Portland, Oregon. A sequel to The Incredibles has been requested by fans for the past decade with the original film's writer/director Brad Bird having said in the past that he's open to another adventure, but only if it has a truly great story idea behind it. There's no confirmation yet of Bird's involvement, but he remains closely tied to Disney

·
Banned
10,026 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13  /t/1523132/coming-the-incredibles-and-ratatouille-in-3d/0_60#post_24499039

In related news...

Disney Chairman and CEO Robert A. Iger today announced that Pixar Animation Studios is developing a big screen sequel to Brad Bird's 2004 superhero adventure The Incredibles. The announcement was made during a meeting of shareholders and D23 Members during the company's annual meeting today in Portland, Oregon. A sequel to The Incredibles has been requested by fans for the past decade with the original film's writer/director Brad Bird having said in the past that he's open to another adventure, but only if it has a truly great story idea behind it. There's no confirmation yet of Bird's involvement, but he remains closely tied to Disney

...I always get nervous with sequels to awesome films.  Always afraid that they'll screw it all up and tarnish the memory of the first....

I wouldn't list the first Superman film as a great film, but regarding #4: this is a fun example of a very very low point in a series gone horribly wrong (LOL):

·
Registered
16,944 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13  /t/1523132/coming-the-incredibles-and-ratatouille-in-3d#post_24499039

In related news...

This is fantastic! Out of all the Pixar films I would most want a sequel for, this is #1.

Great news about The Incredibles and Rat coming in 3d! I am definitely in for Incredibles when it hits blu and most likely Rat as well.

Thanks for the info!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts