·
Registered
52 Posts
The royal penis is clean your majesty.

·
Registered
369 Posts

Quote:
I did not think NP looked bad. It looked good on my system. How were you dissapointed. I have other titles far far worse.

it just didn't do it for me. i was really disappointed with the level of detail (particular medium/wide shots). didn't have that nice HD feel about it. was it shot that way ? i don't know. it just didn't look high def to me in many places. (120" screen by the way). i appreciate the film is 10 years old etc. but i've seen better from the same period ... cue ...

just screened donnie brasco (released in the same period). now that put me back in my happy place. much better. looked like HD.

but i agree, i've seen much worse. i found it watchable if nothing to get excited about. but i really hope i find CTA an improvement. if paramount use a new master, then the chances are good. if not, 50/50 ...

·
Registered
653 Posts
If it was filmed well to begin with age shouldn't matter, heck even older movies than this translated well, a lot probably has to do as much with the film stock used as well as the mastering. I'm hoping Coming to America looks darn good because I've been looking forward to this one. Older movies sometimes do well while it shows its age in some spots "The Sting" still looks pretty darn good and it is older than Nutty Professor, Coming to America and Donnie Brasco. I watched Westworld on LD tonight and considering how old it is it looked darn good, I'm watching my Blazing Saddles LD right now (as I await my free HD DVD...) and having seen the HD version of it (at least some of it) and having seen this, I'd expect Westworld would translate equally well into HD DVD and its not a particularly new film either. My experience with seeing LDs, DVDs and HD DVDs in general is that there is more to the formula than the age of the film, it is both in the quality of the film itself and the mastering of it.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
"You are not Akeem."

"I know that!"

I also love the part with Louie Anderson explaining how he moved up the career ladder at the burger joint!

·
Registered
129 Posts
mines on it's way too, i'm also looking forward to it... i passed on the dvd release but i think that one already was top notch for an sd dvd. so i guess the print will be clean and full of deteail. can't wait !

·
Registered
2,900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs47 /forum/post/0

Classic comedy.Hope it looks good as well.BTW,Nutty Professor looked excellent on my setup.

Nutty looked good to me too!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.