AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spoke with one of the guys at COSTCO yesterday about PDP's and he took the time to check his computer for what's coming in. Here's what he told me:

Akai 50" PDP 5090 w/stand & spkrs

Panasonic 37" TH37PW5UZ

Pioneer 43" PDP4310 w/stand & spkrs

Couldn't find these on the respective sites, But he indicated they should be in soon.

Gary

·
Registered
344 Posts
Here in Naples Florida they have had the Panny 37 for a few weeks. A stand is in another box attached to the Plasma. Only problem, The price is REALLY HIGH!

Much higher then a 42" online from the AVS Forum sponsors.

John

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was just at costco today in Livonia, Michigan and saw the pioneer on display there. I think the price was $4999, but don't quote me on it. Let me say that I was not impressed - lots of pixellation, poor black levels. SD feed was really bad. I had him pull up dish tv's HD demo channel - it was not bad, but not that fantastic either. In the pio's defense, who knows how they set the thing up.....

·
Registered
355 Posts
Edison, NJ store had the 4310's in boxes. None were on display yet. Price is $4999, with speakers and table stand.

·
Registered
899 Posts
The 50" Akai and the 37" Panasonic were at my local Costco. They had the 37" Panny priced at $3.5K! Definitely not much of a bargain.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The only panel I have seen at Costco in Vancouver, Canada is a Datek 42 inch ED panel. Does anyone know if Costco stores in Canada will carry more Pio or Pan. to put some pressure on silly prices at the other local B&M retailers?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.