AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
I had heard he had a few sets ready to go. I just wish i was ready to get a set. How much more are they then the 615 titans?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Waiting on pallet delivery
Really? I built a set back in October and have been talking to him ever since about getting a pair for myself. I've probably asked him more than 10 times and he just kept putting me off. He makes a great product, but his customer service is garbage. You're going to love them. They sound even bigger than they look.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Waited for this shipment for a long long time, lots of emails exchanged and finally they're on my way. I was in the same agonizing boat whole last year like everyone of you. I just wish they take extreme care of the shipment, concerned due to this frigid weather, won't mind if its delayed by few more weeks.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I noticed Erich mentioned in some thread that he received missing parts for the Titans or swapping missing parts from other kits to put back HTM/HT/Titans on available list. Email him and try your luck like I did.

·
Registered
610 Posts
LOL, now you're just playing with our emotions!!! Are you building Titans or HTs? Either way, I'm jelly

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL, now you're just playing with our emotions!!! Are you building Titans or HTs? Either way, I'm jelly
Its obvious but didn't want this thread to hurt many more so HTs first for now :)

Reactions: tarponater

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
Really? I built a set back in October and have been talking to him ever since about getting a pair for myself. I've probably asked him more than 10 times and he just kept putting me off. He makes a great product, but his customer service is garbage. You're going to love them. They sound even bigger than they look.
You've emailed me 10 times and I've replied.....with the same answer each time.....because the answer hasn't changed. I'm waiting for crossover parts that should be here soon. If I had the parts and you wanted something, why would I not sell them to you? Like I have said many times, I'm not hording parts.

My customer service is not garbage and I'm not putting anyone off. I try to answer all emails but I don't know what else I can do to explain that there are lots of parts out of stock everywhere .

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
Same thing i want to know I've emailed erich like 5 times with noooo response... cash in paypal ready to purchase 😑😑😔😔
I checked to see if I've sent you emails. Looks like I have sent you.........46 emails total. Latest was one on Sunday and another today.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have never bought DIYSG made kits, but Erich H has always come through for me regardless.
Indeed but such has been the situation. However I took it as an opportunity to explore other items like TLAH, SLA designs as well. But when I had the chance to pounce on DIYSG I did. I've had a long list of undecided items for my room and delayed my order, Erich was generous enough to hold the titans for me very long time.

·
Registered
19,764 Posts
I say, as you know, build them all and keep what you like best. The TLAH is amazing for the cheap parts used.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I say, as you know, build them all and keep what you like best. The TLAH is amazing for the cheap parts used.
I really liked them in my living room with huge open space, but they gave me tough time putting in a dedicated media room with huge slanted ceilings, currently working on dampening them. I built them for my friend just an fyi.
The time I spent with them in my living room interests me to build a pair for myself too. This is where I need your opinion and benefits on using upgraded drivers. I would only build 2 of them for living room as they perfectly fit due to their size and looks. Will use real wood and stain this time though.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Erich always replies! No question. He replied to me last week while I’m looking for for ht-8s. Nobody here will have any support attacking his credibility or product or customer service. Parts availability sucks right now, that is not his fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I'd also just like to point out that Erich is going about the parts shortage correctly by limiting sales to what he can actually ship. Other ID speaker companies in the past have gotten into serious trouble and run themselves into the ground selling products that they can't deliver.

Elemental Designs, Epik Audio, Reaction Audio, etc...

·
Registered
610 Posts
You've emailed me 10 times and I've replied.....with the same answer each time.....because the answer hasn't changed. I'm waiting for crossover parts that should be here soon. If I had the parts and you wanted something, why would I not sell them to you? Like I have said many times, I'm not hording parts.

My customer service is not garbage and I'm not putting anyone off. I try to answer all emails but I don't know what else I can do to explain that there are lots of parts out of stock everywhere .
Like I said before, your products are great. I've bought many kits from you, my entire system is DIYSG. I've also recommended your products and have had people ship a lot to my house for assembly. I will continue to recommend you to anyone that asks.
However, with that said, I stand by my statement. I personally believe your customer service is your weakest area. I completely understand the shortage. I completely understand being over worked. Customer service has nothing to do with these shortages. I've been buying from you for a very long time. Being told "I'll check on parts" on 11-24-20, then responding on 1-8-21 (after three more unanswered reminder emails) is the definition of poor customer service.
Saying you're customer service is "garbage" was probably out of line and I shouldn't have said that. I apologize.

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
However, with that said, I stand by my statement. I personally believe your customer service is your weakest area. I completely understand the shortage. I completely understand being over worked. Customer service has nothing to do with these shortages. I've been buying from you for a very long time. Being told "I'll check on parts" on 11-24-20, then responding on 1-8-21 (after three more unanswered reminder emails) is the definition of poor customer service.
Saying you're customer service is "garbage" was probably out of line and I shouldn't have said that. I apologize.
This will be my last comment about this because I don't want to mess up the thread.

I realize this likely sounds bad, but I can't track who everyone is in emails because their real name doesn't match their forum name. If you send me an email asking when a kit or flat pack will be in stock, my reply will be: "I'm waiting on (whatever) parts and will check availability in the next couple days." Thanks to Covid inventory issues, I send that email out many times per day but check parts availability and put things in stock when I can. If you send another email 2-3 weeks later I've literally answered 400-700 emails in that time from likely 200-300 people. Now imagine 1-2 months, then 1-2 years. There's no way to remember real names matching forum names. If your second email says 'Hey Erich, now how's it looking for the Titans'? My answer will likely be the same because I'm still waiting on those parts. I can't track what each person wanted in the past couple months and type up hundreds of new emails per week updating on when an inductor or port will get a specific item back in stock. I wish that was possible but it's not, especially when suppliers are constantly changing arrival times that I can't control. So I tell them to add the kit or flat pack to their wishlist and I think the site emails them when it comes in stock.

But I never thought someone would say my customer service was bad because I haven't been able to get them a kit that hasn't even been put on the site yet. I've explained in emails that I'm waiting on crossover parts and these Titan kits are big so normal shipping isn't the easiest especially when FedEx is throwing out crazy surcharges for big or heavy boxes. I understand why some people are aggravated right now and I'm not mad at them for it. But please think about what you're expecting me to do, then multiply that by many other people and many other flat packs or kits.

Good customer service is usually what slows things down and can cause a few people to think it's not good. I spend lots of time on packaging orders but can't answer/track every email about when something will be in stock. I really do try to help as many people as I can but in doing so there will be some things fall through the cracks. 98% of the time what falls through the cracks might be me trying to remember who asked if I could find any spare baffles or something like that. But most of the time I really, really try to get people what they want. Mistakes are rare, they're normally small, and fixed quickly.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts