AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Again, I’ll defend @Erich H ; , customer service has always been steller. End of story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
I can't wait to see these Titan 818s get built, and to hear your listening impressions! How will you be powering those monsters, Rcris?

·
Premium Member
5,224 Posts
this should be rather epic, being a DIYSG fanboy myself . . .
As much as my bed layer of 2 x F15's and 5 x 88 Specials is,- pretty close to "matching" all around
between the F15's and my H TM6's ( in the man cave)
stereo and premium Spotify- makes quarantine (and retirement) somewhat manageable
looking for a great build thread

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Erich should hire an assistant just to answer emails...LOL

Reactions: tarponater

·
Registered
610 Posts
You should enclose the top section.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
MTG said that the top section needs to be sealed off from the bass cab. Not necessarily sealed itself, just not sharing the same airspace with the woofer. That being said, it is certainly the way I would build it, although I think I would have the woofer and top section very close together, almost touching.

·
Registered
610 Posts
MTG said that the top section needs to be sealed off from the bass cab. Not necessarily sealed itself, just not sharing the same airspace with the woofer. That being said, it is certainly the way I would build it, although I think I would have the woofer and top section very close together, almost touching.
They are in separate chambers. I consulted MTG90 before doing it. The bottom of the waveguide is actually touching the top of the bottom cabinet. The Titan 818 uses the VBSS flat pack. You can't get the waveguide closer without modifying the cabinet it's sold with.

·
Registered
10,887 Posts
@Erich H, my wife once owned a small shop where she obsessed over doing everything she could to create maximum customer satisfaction. No matter how hard she tried there were always a few disgruntled customers who found things to loudly complain about. It drove her to tears and I had to deal with that when she came home at night. To her (and my) relief she finally came across the following piece of sage advice to business owners:

Sometimes you have to fire your customers.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I checked to see if I've sent you emails. Looks like I have sent you.........46 emails total. Latest was one on Sunday and another today.
No no i wasnt calling you out on bad CS or anything i just had multiple emails that i had sent recently to you about different items and always about titans and you had actually replied to me the day i posted the response to this thread so i should completly erase my statements sir 👌👌👌🙌🙌🙌

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Easily its more than one year waited for this order come through.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Easily its more than one year waited for this order come through.
I asked earlier in the thread, but my question probably got overlooked. What will you be powering the 818s with? I'm sure with the high sensitivity they would do fine off a receiver, but I am hoping you throw some power at them.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
@Erich H, my wife once owned a small shop where she obsessed over doing everything she could to create maximum customer satisfaction. No matter how hard she tried there were always a few disgruntled customers who found things to loudly complain about. It drove her to tears and I had to deal with that when she came home at night. To her (and my) relief she finally came across the following piece of sage advice to business owners:

Sometimes you have to fire your customers.
This. Anyone that fails to show appropriate respect.....No soup for you! This is one man doing us a favor, if someone wants a focus on fast response and immediate shipping theres plenty of other retail brands available. Personally to me its absolutely worth waiting for diysoundgroup. Because ultimately, we receive an incredibly well packed bundle of incredible value for money audio goodness.

Thanks as always for all you do Erich.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I asked earlier in the thread, but my question probably got overlooked. What will you be powering the 818s with? I'm sure with the high sensitivity they would do fine off a receiver, but I am hoping you throw some power at them.
Will start with receiver but got lots of amps on hand to use ( per say 3 of crown xli1500 : Plenty of power to each )

Reactions: Bryce2320

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
So to clarify, you ordered these a long time ago and then had Erich hold them prior to shipping until you were ready?
Correct, the shipment got pushed several times waiting for all my items, mainly wanted to get all of them in one time shipping cost. And moreover I'm was not in a hurry as JBL's 4722 keeping me happy but soon might go on sale here.

Busy with work but i'm redoing entire room this time and subs still on white board.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Correct, the shipment got pushed several times waiting for all my items, mainly wanted to get all of them in one time shipping cost. And moreover I'm was not in a hurry as JBL's 4722 keeping me happy but soon might go on sale here.

Busy with work but i'm redoing entire room this time and subs still on white board.
How much would you want for the JBLs? And where are you located?

21 - 40 of 43 Posts