Anyone have any thoughts on my planned HTPC build. My primary uses will be playing my DVD & audio library and blu-ray disks - particulary the new losless HD audio formats. I already bought my case about 6 months ago - CoolerMaster CM Media 280.
- Mobo - Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H - $128
- CPU - Intel Pentium E5200 Wolfdale 2.5GHz 65W - $79
- Power Supply - Rosewill Stallion Series RD400-2-SB 400W - $32
- RAM - Kingston DDR2 800 1GB x 2 - $19
- Optical - LITE-ON iHES106-29 - OEM 6X Blu-ray & 16X DVD±R - $105
I was also looking at the LG GGC-H20LK Blu-ray drive which adds HD DVD compatibility but has some lower write speeds - I suppose since I don't own any HD DVD's, I shouldn't worry about it??
So, my total price right now is looking like about $370. I'd like to stay under $400. Does this seem like a good choice given my needs and budget?