Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

I have been lurking here for about a week and have been looking into HD for 3 weeks. You all provide excellent and friendly information. I have finally convinced myself that purchasing today will still give me at least 3 to 5 years usability with a RPTV regardless of how the DVI/DFAST/copy protection fiasco shakes out. That being said, I am look for comments from people on how a Toshiba 50H81 (or the hx version) would fit into my system and viewing habits. Specifically, I have done several searches for comments on how Tivo handles HD, but most end up with discussions on how Tivo does not record HD...I already know this and right now I do not have a HD receiver anyway. I am not looking for comments on this.

My biggest concern is how Tivo will look on an HD monitor. Most of my viewing is done from recorded shows on the stand alone SVR-2000 Tivo. My cable signal is clean and strong, and even basic Tivo quality is watchable on my current 32" Sony. So, will my Tivo viewing from analog cable suffer, or will it be improved over the standard 32" Sony?

My other major viewing habit is my addiction to DVD movies. I see myself in the near future (when I move) picking up a satellite service (DirectTV or Dish) and a progressive scan DVD player..so I am not buying under the assumption I will never upgrade my input sources. Just..how's my current analog NTSC Tivo going to play with a 50H81?

Thanks for any input and suggestions!

aem

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.