AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still waiting for the update that will fix commericial advance on my new 4054.

Not sure how Sonic Blue sells a product that claims it has that functionalility even though it does not work.

Maybe i could get a rebate on my lifetime subscription??

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Gibbo, did you send email to [email protected] with your unit's replayid so that they could add you to the list of machines allowed to download the update that fixes it?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Just sent an email.

I saw mention that the update breaks the IR blaster?? Is that so.

I need the blaster working more than the commercial advance.

Cheers.

·
Registered
33 Posts
What is wrong with your commercial advance? I was away for 10 days for Thanksgiving. When I got home, I turned on the TV and there was a screen saying my activation service was not found or something like that. I did a "243-Zone" and hit net connect and it fixed it, but I'm worried about my comercial advance. I also once tuned on my Replay to find it completely unwatchable with the entire picture scrambled. I thought it had died of heat exhaustion or something. I was busy so I couldn't take it back. The next morning before unplugging it, I turned it on to check one last time and it worked fine.

Can you clarify the "my commercial skip is broken" so I can determine if mine is also. I watched several shows last night and the commercial skip was kicking in at odd times. They were off MTV which does wierd music and visuals so I just thought hte algorithm got confused. No big deal, turned off skip and worked it manually with the 30 second advance.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by otsiS
Can you clarify the "my commercial skip is broken" so I can determine if mine is also.
If your commercial advance was broken you'd almost certainly know it.

In such case (build v300) the CA never kicks in.

I believe you can relax on that one. ;)

·
Registered
478 Posts
The KenL is so much nicer than me. I'm jealous.:D

·
Registered
510 Posts
PLEASE don't update all 4500 boxes.. all my CA (& IR Blaster) are working juust dandy on a 290 build...
Quote:
Originally posted by Dallben
The KenL is so much nicer than me. I'm jealous.:D
He's nice to all the ladies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.