Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello -

I jsut thought I'd pass on my experience with rtying to get good TV reception using these two options.

I bought an ATI Radeon 9700 AIW card a bit over a year ago. When I hooked it up to my cable I got pretty lousy reception - mainly snow and poor aduio. I had the cable guys come over and test signals and they found I was getting a marginal signal. They spent some effort to improve things and finally got a signal that they said was within spec.

The reception by my AIW card was definitely improved, but unfortunately was still not really good enough. Even football games played in September looked like they were in a snow storm.

I lived with this until I spotted a WinTV PVR-250 on sale. I had little hope it would actually fix anything, but gave it a try because the sales person told me I could return it if it was no good.

Color me amazed! The reception is gloriously crystal clear! The sound is perfect. My problems are solved. I cannot believe it took me so long to get this card, but I am glad I finally did.

BTW, I am also glad I've got the AIW card. It has those cables component cables for connecting to my HDTV and is a great gaming video card as well.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.