AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do I always see this in ads? DVD is Video. Saying 'DVD and Video' sounds silly. Wouldn't saying "comming soon on DVD and VHS" make more sense?? :rolleyes: Yes, I know im nit-picking :D

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I think the same thing when I see the Disney comercials. It's all video. They could just call it DVD and Crap...

·
Registered
278 Posts
Why, if I PAY for something, must I still be subjected to ads?

·
Registered
931 Posts
"Why, if I PAY for something, must I still be subjected to ads?"

I feel the exact same way

·
Registered
97 Posts
VHS is just the format.. many people wouldn't even know what you were talking about if you said "VHS"

until dvd it was just called "home video".. but now since many movies don't come out on both formats they keep the same term for vhs and list them separately.. :)

·
Registered
778 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Amused
Why, if I PAY for something, must I still be subjected to ads?
I agree, but what's worse is sitting in the theatre, unable to skip the ads. Charge me a little more, but stop showing me an ad I don't want.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I was thinking the samething, it sounds retarded. But I guess the average Joe that still uses VHS refers to VHS tapes as video tapes.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
heh... I wasn't even talking about the stupid "previews" that are in the top of every DVD. I saw the "DVD and Video" thing on the side of a bus.

Anyway, how about back in ancient days when there was Betamax and VHS tape? Did the ads then say "Comming soon on Betamax and VHS" or "On the half-inch video tape of your choice?"

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
That one is almost as good when movie ads say "only in theaters".

Where else am I going to see a first run movie....the bowling alley??!!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Where else am I going to see a first run movie....the bowling alley??!!

No, but you can download most of them from the internet the first day they are in the theater.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.