AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it not be prudent that before a person invests $ in a sound system that he/she go to a doctor & have a reasonably thorough hearing test done?? I have a good friend that starts to hear at 16Khz & below only. It is no wonder he needs to/likes brands that colour/boost the higher freqs.

I also have another buddy who thinks all systems sound the same!

Another needs wax buildup medically treated (cleaned) ever 6 months.

Dougofthenorth

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Dougofthenorth-

Your "another friend" is right...so advise him to keep his 1964 stereo and 8-track system. Can he hear the scratches on his 45's ? Bet he's the "cat's meow" in the neighborhood.:rolleyes:

An ear exam ? It couldn't "hoit" !

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
You know most of my clients are quick to say that their hearing and or vision is not the best. Since they are not the only people to listen to these systems does it really matter that much. Some times people buy systems for the family more than themselves. Seems they would rather have "the kids" at home then somewhere else.

Dave

·
Registered
41 Posts
Maybe instead of equalizing our systems to the dB meter, we should equalize them to our failing hearing. Or obtain a frequency curve of our hearing and equalize to that so we know how a person with "perfect" ears is hearing our favorite selection. But then we would have to explain to everyone else why our audio system isn't flat. Hmmm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.