AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recenlty downloaded black jack from the community games section. I noticed no achievement points but a similar pop up occurs.

No points rewarded is that for all community based games?

·
Registered
5,131 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Injected Sin /forum/post/15536476

Recenlty downloaded black jack from the community games section. I noticed no achievement points but a similar pop up occurs.

since it's required to be signed on to XBL to play them I guess they don't qualify for universally valid forms of gamerpoints. Plus they don't pass through MS' official certification process which may be required for acheivements having gamerpoint values.

·
Registered
725 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Injected Sin /forum/post/15536476

MS does not permit achievements in community games. If a game has something called achievements they aren't "real" achievements (meaning they won't add to your gamerscore).

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
If you've ever played Little Big Planet then you'll see why Community Games don't have achievements. There are user created levels called "8 trophies" and similar names. You basically just walk through it and you'll get various trophies without any of the challenge.

A community game could give 200 points for just standing there for 5 seconds. People would buy this game just to get 200 points. Basically they would be as easy as Avatar: TLA: TBE and cause point dilution.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
"point dilution"? It's not as though these points mean anything at all. They aren't market ready, and cannot be converted. They are nothing more than a tick in the bedpost.

Are people that addicted to "points" that they would spend money on a game just to get them?

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Regardless of whether you put importance on the points system others do so "point dilution" is an issue for some out there. Just accept it.

·
Registered
9,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoyledimou /forum/post/15538055

Are people that addicted to "points" that they would spend money on a game just to get them?

Yes, plenty of people.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts