Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks

I need component cables for my new receiver and plasma....But don't know much about price and performance of the the cables...

Can someone save me time...and tell me the brand and series within the brand that is most popular for performance and price?

I tried searching w/out much luck....

ANy place that I can buy them at online?

Thanks!

wp.

·
Registered
237 Posts
A good number of people (including myself) feel that Blue Jeans Cable gives you a high quality cable for the money. I've purchased 3-4 cables from them, and they've all been of very high quality for the price. They're not good about sending order confirmation emails, but other than that, they're highly suggested.

http://www.bluejeanscable.com

·
Registered
331 Posts
On one hand, I second DaveMN's recommendation of Blue Jeans cable, because they construct cables with the exact same parts I use when I make a cable for my own use. Top quality stuff, decent prices when you consider the convenience of having an expert cable-assembly house make them for you.

On the other hand, L-Com (forum sponsor, look for them up at the top of the page) makes excellent cables which are very inexpensive. There are several dozen L-Com cables in my datacenter at work, many of which are performing mission-critical functions. I'd give them a try first, and if you don't like the results they'll be happy to exchange it for something else, build you a custom cable, or refund your money.

Just don't spend your money on Monster products. Leave that to the folks who need something to hook up their Bose Lifestyle products to their Gateway plasma displays. (No offense to anyone who owns those products, BTW, just making a humorous generalization.)

-T.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just don't spend your money on Monster products. Leave that to the folks who need something to hook up their Bose Lifestyle products to their Gateway plasma displays. (No offense to anyone who owns those products, BTW, just making a humorous generalization.)

-T.

(I'm an amatuer).... I have to smile at that post cause I have previously considered each of those products together as a whole(for the bedroom)...It IS a humorous generalization

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Tremor and dave...I will make a decision and probably buy from one of those two establishments...

Cheers,

wp.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh and recar...i almost put the monster name in the post...so I totally agree!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.