AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get some speakers to play music from a laptop. The super-sub-micro speakers just don't make it.

They need to be light weight and a compact volume when stored.

They should sound as good as they can. I know that is vague and maybe obvious considering this forum, but I realize there are limitations that come with size. There can be no bulky subwoofer. So, I know it will not have that concert hall filling booming bass.

I saw some Philips (sp?) speakers that seemed decent based on the reviews.

I have heard of some folding speakers, but found little credible reviews.

Thanks to all in advance and to anyone who recommended (in the subwoofer forum, of course) Velodyne for a decent low cost subwoofer.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Klipsch 2.0 Ultra? They are $99 and are on the big end of "small." The speaker is about 6 inches deep and is about the size of your standard $20 "2.0 HiFi PC Speakers". Dual over-sized 2.5" drivers and a horn-loaded tweeter. It sounds pretty damn good and extends very low for a PC speaker set. They are no Swan M200s in terms of sound quality but can hold their own. They also aren't that compact, but there is no sub.

:)

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
I second that. The Klipsch 2.0 Ultra's would be a fine choice. Too bad you don't want a sub, because for only $49 more, you could get the Promedia 2.1 (which I have). Rather amazing sound for such a (IMHO) small package.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the Klipsch Promedia 2.1 attached to my desktop PC and they are great.

However, without the subwoofer they are way too big for carrying around in a laptop bag.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.