Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Does anyone have any input on The Compaq mp-1400 projector? I think i can get a good deal on one for my first projector. If anyone has used one or viewed one, please let me know. I will be driving with an HTPC at night, so light control is not to big a deal.

Marc

·
Registered
388 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by cohnhead:
Does anyone have any input on The Compaq mp-1400 projector? I think i can get a good deal on one for my first projector. If anyone has used one or viewed one, please let me know. I will be driving with an HTPC at night, so light control is not to big a deal.
Sorry, can't tell you much, but since nobody else has said anything I'll offer up what I can.

I have the big brother XGA MP1600 which looks excellent. I've seen the Optoma SVGA machine that is based on the same engine as the MP1400 and it looked good. I've never heard of anyone on the board using an MP1400 but I'm guessing it would be pretty decent for home theater.

The main thing is to avoid overpaying. These projectors can be had frequently on ebay for not more than $1200 or $1300 (and maybe a few hundred less if you luck out), so certainly try to avoid paying more than that. Compaq has an excellent warranty and will replace the projector if something is wrong with it. -- Herb

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.