Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K.

So, I have evolved my HT to the point where I feel the need to address

a high end (but not nose bleed) power management solution.

I have a lot of digital & HDTV component video connected devices (i.e. DVD players and HDTV STB/HD D-VHS VCR's); a 65" Toshiba RPTV; a Denon 48002 receiver; (5) Dish & DirtecTV STB's; etc.

What are the pro's and cons and comparisons of the following (or any other similarly priced and functioning product:

MONSTER HTS 7000 Powersource Retail: $ 1,299.95

M/C MP HTS7000 REF PWRCTR STAGE5 CLEAN PWR-SURGE PR

Home Theatre Reference PowerSource HTPS7000, Dual Balanced Pure Power Isolation Transformers

* 17 x 14.5 x 5 inches.

* 3145 joule rating provides highest level of surge absorption.

* Programmable switched and un-switched outlets.

* Digital microprocessor-driven voltmeter for instantaneous monitoring of all functions and fluctuations.

* Sequenced AC power turn-on and turn-off for equipment protection and overload prevention.

* Extra-long high current 8 ft. Monster PowerLineÖ 300 power cord.

* 24k gold contact grounded plug for maximum conductivity.

* Tri-Mode circuitry provides the most comprehensive power surge protection available.

* Exclusive Monster Dual Balanced Pure PowerÖ circuitry for lowest noise best picture and sound performance.

* Balanced isolation transformers prevent noise from entering or leaving signal path.

vs. ---------------------------------

PANMAX MAX 5510 ACRegenerator MSRP:$1299.00(US)

FEATURES

Tri-Power Filtration System

Four AC outlets provide either “Isolated†or “Balanced†power for digital source components, such as DVD or CD players. Four more outlets use separate “balanced double L" filtration circuits to eliminate EMI/RFI for analog components. Finally, two inductorless, high-current outlets provide clean unimpeded power for amplifiers or powered subwoofers.

Line-Level A/V Signal

Use to protect 2 pair of RCA type connectors. Circuits are optimized for audio and video signal line protection. Use to protect main system from “backdoor†surges introduced by subwoofers or DLP projectors.

SurgeGate Plusâ„¢ Circuitry

A power monitoring system that acts as a gate to prevent unsafe voltages from damaging sensitive electronic equipment. It automatically detects a prolonged over or undervoltage condition and disconnects the power to equipment, then reconnects it when the power returns to a safe level. This special circuitry acts as a gate to prevent unsafe voltages from damaging sensitive equipment.

SignalPerfectâ„¢ Technology

Use to protect 2 pair RCA type A/V connectors, 3 coaxial (2 satellite TV & 1 off-air/cable TV) lines and 1 pay-per-view telephone line. Provides optimized, application specific protection against signal line surges.

Convenience Features

Detachable gooseneck lamp with dimmer control provides lighting for A/V equipment. Connect to front or back panel for better work area illumination. Two DC Voltage trigger inputs for initiating a start-up/shut-down sequence. Backlit, analog Voltmeter and Ammeter indicates line voltage and current draw. On/Off, dimmer control on front panel.

You pick 'em, compare 'em and contrast 'em.

Murray Kerdman

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I find it hard to believe that the forum members have no opinion (on anything).

Any general comparisons of the Panamanx MAX line vs. the Monster Power line?

Murray Kerdman

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Murray Kerdman

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am thinking that you want to ask this question in the 'Home Theater General' section, rather than 'Home Theater Builder'...

Wanna know how much Drywall to hang and how to hang it...as that here...but your questions won't get much response here...

Sorry...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.