AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a friend send me one of one of last weeks 3 hour football game(halftime deleted) that he recorded using a Panny e-30 which I guess is last years model that had the black level problem. He input to his Tivo the whole game then dubbed to the e-30 Panny. I do not have a tivo so I do not know how he did this but anyway. Maybe he lost something by doing this -I do not know. I recorded the same on my E-80 hard drive at xp and hi sped dubbed to 3 discs. He recorded at xp 3 discs(halftime deleted) same game same time. The E-80 was dramatically better in resolution, clarity, PQ. With no whitewash, as the E-30 discs had.

·
Registered
559 Posts
What was the source signal for the games? Did both you and your friend use the same satellite provider, or are you using cable TV companies? The video quality from one cable provider to the next can vary. The broadcast source must be identical for this to be a valid comparison. Also, as mentioned above, placing TIVO in the mix also may lower the source quality.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
If the Tivo was not a DirecTivo, you can bet that the quality would be significantly inferior. Recordings made on an E30 or E80, all else being equal (obviously not the case in this instance), should be indistinguishable from each other.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The input was both cable box but I agree it could very well be different and NOT comparable. What I DID notice was the amount of whitewash on white uniforms, numbers etc and shots to the stadium - the whitewash uncorrectible black level known problem on the e-30. The E-80 is simply much better in this regard for FB, BB or any sport recording.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hey Alex:

Did you get it? Can you post it somewhere?

Z/O

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.