AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have been lurking for a while and I am trying to find a good set of in-wall front speakers, but I have been unable to actually listen to them. I somehow feel unable to pull the trigger on a multi-thousand dollar purchase without listening and comparing units from different manufacturers.
I am in the San Jose area, and I have a nice HT dealer nearby, Century Stereo, but their in-wall demo wall is pretty skimpy, consisting of Paradigm SA 35, B&W and Speakercraft models. Of what I heard, I was most impressed with the B&W CWM 663 and 664, the others were very harsh to me (the $1780/pair Paradigm was especially disappointing, sounding like nails on a chalkboard to me). Concerns with the small size of the B&W is that their sensitivity and power handling is not great for HT use. I haven't read anything convincingly positive about the CWM 7.3, but the CWM 8.3 or 8.4 seems to be highly rated. Unfortunately they are not available to be listened to at CS....

By reading this forum it looks like I need to audition some Triads, but I have no idea where. I emailed them a week ago and got no response, so not very encouraging...
I like Totem speakers and have been (successfully) emailing their sales manager, but unfortunately their Tribe InWall is not yet available anywhere in my neighborhood for a listen.

So, my questions are:
- Where can I go to listen to good quality in-wall speakers in the SF Bay Area?
- Any other brands I should consider ? I am looking for detail but not to the point of harshness.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are lots of Triad dealers in Bay Area..............I suggest calling Triad in Portland, Oregon and they will direct you to nearest demo.

Triad and BG Radia are the best in-walls I've heard for the money.........AVS Store carries both. Email Mike at AVS in order to find out about pricing. ;)
Thanks ! I emailed them, but clearly this is not working so the next step would be to call them on the phone. Thanks for the advice and I did note that AVS is a Triad dealer, but I am not there yet :)
Best regards,
Stefano

1 - 3 of 3 Posts