AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I need some help here cuz i don't know if i'm being fussy.

Here's my problem.

I own a Denon AVR-3808Ci which is hooked up to a HD Satellite.My reciever does a perfect job video switching to my Optoma projector.The image is beautiful. Now here's my problem, now i want to setup a second average home theater in my livingroom and i would like to have a beautiful picture. I purchased a Samsung HT-AS720S Theater in a box. Everything is setup but my picture doesn't look as good as when the Samsung reciever does the video switching to my LG tv. When my satellite is plugged directly into the tv it looks great but when the signal is passed through the samsung there seems to be a loss in video quality. finally, is it just my imagination or is it that this is a cheap reciever that doesn't do a good job of video conversion? I was thinking of getting a Denon AVR-1909 instead with Paradigm Cinema70CT speakers. Is the video chip in these two recievers similar or will the Denon do a better job of video switching to my LG tv? Sorry for the long post! Thanks

P.S. I know i'll be paying more for the Denon system but Video quality is very important to me.

·
Registered
634 Posts
How much did you pay for the HTiB?
say the answer to yourself

Now consider that in the price you have purchased a receiver/amplifier/speakers/subwoofer/amplifier for sub...maybe a built in dvd player...maybe it has wireless speakers

All for the price you said above. Now you are looking at a half decent entry level receiver in the 1909 that has a much better power supply, Faroudja video processing chip, better overall circuity, NO SPEAKERS, or any of the other things I mentioned.

You can only expect so much from an HTiB, simple as that.

I have sold many 1909/Cinema70CT packages at my store because of your exact problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your honesty!

By the way, how do the Paradigm speaker package compare to the Samsung speakers? The Samsung's seem to be more powerful on paper, but what about actual sound performance? Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazoo37 /forum/post/15591070

Thanks for your honesty!

By the way, how do the Paradigm speaker package compare to the Samsung speakers? The Samsung's seem to be more powerful on paper, but what about actual sound performance? Thanks again.

The Paradigm Cinema 70 is the lowest speaker in the lowest line Paradigm offers. However, they would probably still smoke the Samsung speakers. If you go with Paradigm, I would recommend stepping up to the Monitor series if you can. The smallest model in that series is the Atom. However, this conversation would be better had in the speaker forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts