AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Credit to IceMan for the pic. This was taken in NYC where both ABC and NBC have 2 subchannels. Look at the difference in detail in Raquel Welch's face on Today vs. on The View:

And, they still call the View HD?

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
i dont want to see anyone on the view in HD. i dont care about the clarity. all of them are ugly, except elizabeth but she's a dumb ditz, so who cares but anyway, the colors are good and its generally sharper than SD, so w/e,

·
Registered
207 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ou8thisSN /forum/post/0

i dont want to see anyone on the view in HD. i dont care about the clarity. all of them are ugly, except elizabeth but she's a dumb ditz, so who cares but anyway, the colors are good and its generally sharper than SD, so w/e,

agree 100%

·
Registered
129 Posts
i think on both GMA and the View they intentionally soften the picture so the anchors wont look scary. When GMA first went HD it was razor sharp, But after a week or so it seemed to soften. In the case of the view though they need to add more blur, and maybe some distortion in the audio as well.

Dr.

·
Registered
966 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_EluSivE /forum/post/0

i think on both GMA and the View they intentionally soften the picture so the anchors wont look scary. When GMA first went HD it was razor sharp, But after a week or so it seemed to soften. In the case of the view though they need to add more blur, and maybe some distortion in the audio as well.

Dr.

Which is why sharper is not always better. Our local news does THE sharpest focus ever with their HD newscast, and it's now getting to the point where you see that the makeup is smudged, the guy has bags under his eyes that they couldn't get rid of, etc. Personally, The View is a joke with its filtering, but I think GMA is near perfectly balanced.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.