AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has any direct comparisons? the samsung glasses really darken certain things, and the flickering on and off during bright scenes really bugs me. I have some opaque tape over the IR sensor on the glasses like that other thread suggests, and it helps, but it still happens at least a few times per movie. The xpands don't drop out, do they?

·
Registered
90 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetrash66 /forum/post/19547748

Just wondering if anyone has any direct comparisons? the samsung glasses really darken certain things, and the flickering on and off during bright scenes really bugs me. I have some opaque tape over the IR sensor on the glasses like that other thread suggests, and it helps, but it still happens at least a few times per movie. The xpands don't drop out, do they?

Yup! I have both. Exactly the same total darkening generally and with head rotation. Same loss of synch intermittently. Actually I found the loss of synch WORSE with the Xpand glasses! I can stop this if I turn off a small fluorescent table lamp next to me. Furthermore the ghosting is just as bad with the Xpand. I called Xpand tech and they had nothing to offer. If you have two or more types of 3D TVs these glasses are for you. If you only have one TV there is NO advantage for the Xpands.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
the only time my ssg2200ars loose sync is whn i look at my notebook screen , while not paying attention to the movie

I do wish they were not so dark though.

Aso have Mits 73835 DLP, using 3da-1 adapter,

Watched Bolt and was very impressed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts