AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a tv in the 1200 range, and so far have only found a tcp50c1, 50pq60, ln46b530, and tcp42ui

These are the only four plasmas i have really found in my price range(1200 canadian) and could use some help in deciding since i am new to tvs and also an unable to find any reviews on 3 of the tvs.

Also, if their are any other suggestions for tvs that you guys think are better i would love to hear. Do not mind if it is +/- 100 from my 1200 price range

Thanks guys

·
Registered
472 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borkis /forum/post/16976008

I am looking for a tv in the 1200 range, and so far have only found a tcp50c1, 50pq60, ln46b530, and tcp42ui

These are the only four plasmas i have really found in my price range(1200 canadian) and could use some help in deciding since i am new to tvs and also an unable to find any reviews on 3 of the tvs.

Also, if their are any other suggestions for tvs that you guys think are better i would love to hear. Do not mind if it is +/- 100 from my 1200 price range

Thanks guys

I hate to say this, but the Panasonics are still severely overpriced here in Canada. The C1 is the entry level 720p model, and the U1 is a stripped down model intended to offer 1080p at 720p prices. Not in Canada. Nothing really against them as displays, I actually like Panasonic, but relative to their pricing here I'd pass, unless a deep discount is offered. The 720p LG 50PQ60 is a FS exclusive model, based on the 50PQ30/20. If you look for info/reviews on those models it will mostly apply to the PQ60. These 50" PQ's are discounted fairly often for $100-200 below your target. Just last week they hit new low water marks.

The LN46B530 is an LCD.

In the 720p category the Samsung PN50B450 is in your range and decent. You should look into the Samsung Buzz issue, though, if it interests you.

If you are trying to get into 1080p, about the only full featured model that you might wrangle below your budget +1c, currently, is the LG 50PS60.

A little info about your room, seating distance, lighting etc might help us narrow it down for you. Also what you intend to connect to your new display too. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The room the tv will be in is my basement, no open windows and can really have any viewing distance since the room is pretty much empty except for the tv.

Also, found a Panasonic TCP42S1 at best buy which has been reduced by 200 dollars and is 1299

Just seems finding out a good plasma model is a lot harder then i thought it would be.

·
Registered
460 Posts
i just picked yp the \\\\Panasonic TCP50C1 $1199 everywhere (had to have FS price match) but the TV is stunning. I was scared to buy a plasma again since my brother and I both had Samsung plasma's and both had noticeable buzzing sounds that were loud when viewing at night time. but this panasonic is quiet, no buzzing, and picture at home looks the same as in the store (which i never thought was possible) awesome TV

1 - 4 of 4 Posts