AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I got my Da lite HD Progressive 1.3 screen for 3 weeks already. Today I just compared the screen result between HD Pro 1.3 and Matte white. The matte white screen is very cheap, only 150 dollar I purchased.

The first attached picture shows the comparison setup, the lower left is the matte white screen. The 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th,6th picture shows the comparison for yellow, green, pink, brown and white color, respectively.

I can see for yellow and green color, HD Pro 1.3 is indeed better than Matte white. These two colors seems to be washed out in Matte white screen. For brown and pink color, I cannot see clearly the difference. But for white color, it seems HD Pro 1.3 is darker than Matte white screen. Is it normal for this dark white?

What do you think? From these pictures, can you see if Da Lite HD Pro 1.3 is much better screen??

The last screen shows the screen has some dirty spots in the upper right corner. I don't know if I can clean it?? Normally I cannot see it unless the projection is bright color.

Thanks for your comment.

Attachments

·
Registered
32,865 Posts
Hi

I got my Da lite HD Progressive 1.3 screen for 3 weeks already. Today I just compared the screen result between HD Pro 1.3 and Matte white. The matte white screen is very cheap, only 150 dollar I purchased.

The first attached picture shows the comparison setup, the lower left is the matte white screen. The 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th,6th picture shows the comparison for yellow, green, pink, brown and white color, respectively.

I can see for yellow and green color, HD Pro 1.3 is indeed better than Matte white. These two colors seems to be washed out in Matte white screen. For brown and pink color, I cannot see clearly the difference. But for white color, it seems HD Pro 1.3 is darker than Matte white screen. Is it normal for this dark white?

What do you think? From these pictures, can you see if Da Lite HD Pro 1.3 is much better screen??

The last screen shows the screen has some dirty spots in the upper right corner. I don't know if I can clean it?? Normally I cannot see it unless the projection is bright color.

Thanks for your comment.
Not just better color with the HD Pro screen. Look at all of the detail that disappears with the cheaper screen. It really shows up in the closer image of the green character in the third image.

·
Registered
21,033 Posts
Not just better color with the HD Pro screen. Look at all of the detail that disappears with the cheaper screen. It really shows up in the closer image of the green character in the third image.
+1. The color and especially the detail look much better on the HD Pro. screen. I'd say the HD Pro. screen is ready for when 4K projectors become commonplace. The Matt White - not so much.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I'm curious. What if you turned out the lights on that third pic? Is the difference still there and that pronounced, or is some of it just the lighting?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Why the white is darker than matte white screen?
It is not darker. The HD Progessive 1.3, due to its gain, has the tendency of concentrating the reflected light along some 'preferred' directions. The higher the gain, the more the screen will act like a mirror. This type of reflection will tend to produce hot spotting, a brighter area of the sccreen, where most of the light reflection occurs. Naturally, the location of the hot spot on the screen changes with the viewer's position. You can easily notice mild hot spotting in your photo in the upper centre of the HD Progressive 1.3 screen. That area is much brighter than the Matte screen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts