AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i'm really new to all this stuff with sub woofer amplifier and all that. I really need some exstra bass for my setup but i'm on a low budget (like all other).

I have a pair of genelec 6010a, but with very good highs but again the're really missing out on the bass.

I was thinking if i could connect them with the monoprice 9723 (the subwoofer). For what i read was that a active subwoofer has both an amplifier for itself and a output. But i dont know if that output works with the genelec?

I'm really hope some of you guys can help me!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Hi guys, i'm really new to all this stuff with sub woofer amplifier and all that. I really need some exstra bass for my setup but i'm on a low budget (like all other).

I have a pair of genelec 6010a, but with very good highs but again the're really missing out on the bass.

I was thinking if i could connect them with the monoprice 9723 (the subwoofer). For what i read was that a active subwoofer has both an amplifier for itself and a output. But i dont know if that output works with the genelec?

I'm really hope some of you guys can help me!
[Edit, I just looked up your speakers and the sub, and I think my info below may not be helpful. There is probably a way to do what you want, but I am not familiar with your speakers so hopefully someone who is can give you setup and crossover intstruction using that combo.]
deleted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[Edit, I just looked up your speakers and the sub, and I think my info below may not be helpful. There is probably a way to do what you want, but I am not familiar with your speakers so hopefully someone who is can give you setup and crossover intstruction using that combo.]
deleted.
The thing is. I dont. I just use the input from the speakers, but i think my dad has an old avr laying around? But maybe my question is more like can i use that subwoofer and those speakers without them blowing up?

·
Registered
296 Posts
What you want to do is super easy. Pull the RCA cables that are currently running to the pair of Genelacs and plug them into the Monoprice Line In. Then run another RCA cable from the Monoprice Line Out back to the Genelacs.

Set the Monoprice level and cross over where you want it. KRK has a handy little guide and subwoofer test files to help calibrate the Monitors and Sub. Doesn't have to be KRK brand, you're just interested in the principles discussed. Check the two links under "Setup Guides" on the following page.

http://www.krksys.com/Support/Media

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
What you want to do is super easy. Pull the RCA cables that are currently running to the pair of Genelacs and plug them into the Monoprice Line In. Then run another RCA cable from the Monoprice Line Out back to the Genelacs.

Set the Monoprice level and cross over where you want it. KRK has a handy little guide and subwoofer test files to help calibrate the Monitors and Sub. Doesn't have to be KRK brand, you're just interested in the principles discussed. Check the two links under "Setup Guides" on the following page.

http://www.krksys.com/Support/Media
Excellent advice.

Does the line in/line out feature on the Monoprice have a crossover function (preventing lows from being sent to the line outs), or does it simply pass through the input unfiltered? It'd be best if it was a crossover, but usable if the sub only has a low pass filter.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Excellent advice.

Does the line in/line out feature on the Monoprice have a crossover function (preventing lows from being sent to the line outs), or does it simply pass through the input unfiltered? It'd be best if it was a crossover, but usable if the sub only has a low pass filter.
My quick look at it indicates it has a crossover setting that can be used.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts