AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Does anyone else have a similar set up? Sony Home Theater/Panasonic TV? For the most part, I don't have any issues EXCEPT every once in a while, the sound cuts out completely for a second (literally, a second). It's annoying because you can miss a word or two in a second.

I've replaced the HDMI cables, I've checked, re-checked, changed, re-changed all of the settings numerous times and nothing has made a difference.

Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
9,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lehighmal /forum/post/19522707

For the most part, I don't have any issues EXCEPT every once in a while, the sound cuts out completely for a second (literally, a second). It's annoying because you can miss a word or two in a second.

Anyone else experience this?

Hi lehighmal, does this happen with all sources or just cable/satellite box?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi JChin - it only happens with the DirecTV (real time or DVR). I've never noticed it while watching a blu-ray or gaming (PS3 or XBox)

Do you suspect it's a satellite tv issue and not a surround sound issue?

·
Registered
9,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lehighmal /forum/post/19599274

Hi JChin - it only happens with the DirecTV (real time or DVR). I've never noticed it while watching a blu-ray or gaming (PS3 or XBox)

Do you suspect it's a satellite tv issue and not a surround sound issue?

I believe it is, make sure the satellite has the lastest firmware, maybe try resetting the box or have them swap out the box (no guarantee swap out would help either).

Other option would be to use optical for your audio instead of HDMI audio.

Do a search on the model number with the words audio drop out or audio cut out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.