AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry that I started a new thread for my first post (don't mean to be rude), but I couldn't find something that would have answered my question. :D

I've been doing HTPCs for a while (3 years), but am finally trying to get serious about a higher-quality configuration (mainly, getting away from Creative Labs audio cards). I've read a lot here about M-Audio, and am heavily considering the 410. I also have been using the Radeon AIW, and am quite pleased. I still have a few questons. My config will be based around the Radeon 8500 AIW (non DV) and the M-Audio Delta 410.

- Will I be able to use PowerDVD XP and pass DD/DTS through the Delta 410?

- Can I pass all audio (including the Radeon's TV tuner) through the Delta 410?

Well, I guess it's really one question: Can I get all my audio through the single coax digital on the 410 (with or without jumpers from the Radeon)?

Planned setup so far:

- Win2000 (maybe WinXP, if sp1 is all it's cracked up to be)

- PowerDVD XP 4.0

- Asus P4B266 (with a P4 1.6A)

- ATI All-in-Wonder Radeon 8500 128MB (MMC 7.6, I suppose)

- M-Audio Delta 410

- Toshiba SD-M1612

- 3Com 3C905C

- quiet case, wireless keyboard, yadda-yadda-yadda

Thanks in advance; email replies welcome: gseidATacedsl.com

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
The 410 is overkill if you are passing through the audio and not processing it. Most people buy the 410 for all the analog outputs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think it's overkill; I'm sure the digital output is better (less jitter, etc) than anything Creative & Hercules/Guillemot can produce. :)

I still want to use the card, though, for its potential for DVD-A and SACD (well, long term possiblities for SACD). I'm pretty sure I can get MP3, DVD/CD, and WAV/etc through the 410, but I don't know if I can get the ATI MMC TV player's output directly though the 410's coax digital out, without going analog in (like I do with the CL Live5.1 I have).

If I have to go analog in, will it convert to digital (and thus through the digital out)? If it doesn't convert to PCM, I guess I'd just connect the Radeon directly to the preamp. It's not my preferred choice, but it is just cable TV anyway.

Thanks in advance; email replies welcome: gseidATacedsl.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.