AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a Pronto years ago because it had the ability to control my Marquee.

With the onslaught of numerous universal remote controls, are any compatible with the Marquee?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Due to the response, I take it the Pronto is the only alternative we have for the Marquee.

·
Registered
7,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by gn2
Yes, AFAIK, and only the 1000, 2000 and maybe the pro. I know the 3000 doesn't work with the high frequencies like the 2000 and 1000 did.
How about the RC5000?

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
The RC5000 is just the Marantz branded version of a Pronto which is directly comparable to a certain Pronto remote, just find out which that is, I don't know off hand.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
I have an rc5000. I think it's a 2000 maybe a 1000 though. It worked on marquee's when I tested it long ago.

Does anyone know about the pc IR transceivers like a uirt2? Anyone ever get one of them to transmit the high frequencies?

Troy

·
Registered
7,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by gn2
The RC5000 is just the Marantz branded version of a Pronto which is directly comparable to a certain Pronto remote, just find out which that is, I don't know off hand.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Guys!

The Marquees employ IR remotes that use a 336khz subcarrier, to avoid jamming by certain types of fluorescent light fixtures (the Marquee started as a computer workstation display, eh?) It figures that 3rd party IR devices would need to be 336khz-capable to work well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.