Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
20,735 Posts
Quote:
it will feature 26 screens and a helipad
A helipad! That'll annoy my neighbors, but I gotta keep up if my HT is going to stay ahead of the commercial cinemas! :D

·
Registered
10,201 Posts
Note to self: build helipad on the Austin lot to fly celebrities in for home theater screenings.

·
Premium Member
4,710 Posts
I saw something similar while on a business trip to Dallas. It wasn't as luxurious but they did have tables and booths and waitresses who served food and drinks during the movie. The food was only a little better than fastfood but it was much better than the ubiquitous (and terrible!) hotdogs normally offered in a theater. Now that I think about it the idea is a bit old. The Plitt Theater back in the 70's in Century City (L.A.) had a wet bar and patrons could grab a beer or wine before a movie...

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I go there every Friday to the Muvico Premier in Boca Raton, FL. In Fact, I'm going there tonight to see Red Eye. I'm real good friends with all the managers there. The restaraunt has real good food, serving Seafood and Prime Rib, plus You can Drink Alcohol and eat dinner in your seat in the Theater. Also has assigned seating, so if you show up 10 minutes late on a major film first night you are assured your reserved seat is there.

Has Free Valet Parking and all you can eat Popcorn for the $18 ticket as well.

Everyone one of my friends I took there for Dinner and Movies was blown away.

If Your Ever in Florida, they are Off Glades Road and 95 in Boca Raton. You must be 21 or older to go Into the Premier Theaters, but They do have a daycare Downstairs to watch your Kids while you watch a movie. They also have regular all age Theaters downstairs.

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
I tried the Cinemark VIP theater in Kansas City. My wife thought our image and sound was better....to top it off, the cc we used was illegally used to order $500 from mother earth within 12 hours of being treated like a "VIP" ;)

Ron

·
Registered
220 Posts
Cool idea... but my home cinema will offer ammenities they cant...

"PAUSE" is a great feature :)

When I get up to take a leak during the movie, I plan to have a 17" flat pannel monitor in the bathroom so I can continue to watch the movie without pausing for my guests...

Drinks during the movie? Yeah, I like a couple beers and pizza too during the movie... but again, taking a leak... I dont want to miss the movie.

Plus, I dont have to drive home DUI, and I can crawl right into bed or just zone out in my leather chair for the night...

"y'all dont have to go home, butcha' cant stay here!"

·
Registered
10,201 Posts
Note to self: flat panel monitor in the crapper. And a Buttkicker under the toilet seat.

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
A beer and a nice wide sofa would attract me to the theatre...lol... :)

·
Registered
355 Posts
I go to that VIP theater in the article on occasion. It is a beautiful theater but it is expensive, though a lot of the people who live in Boca can surely afford it. When I go there I'm really treating myself but for others it's become normal. That place does have the regular theater there too and it's almost like the posh one is for the adults and the regular one is for the teenagers, and boy are there lots of teenagers hanging out there. That place is very crowded on the from Friday to Sunday, that's why I don't go often, I'd rather support my local arthouse movie theater.

·
Registered
10,201 Posts
The Crapperkicker! (tm) (or is it the ****kicker? (tm))

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Grant
...... And a Buttkicker under the toilet seat.

Michael, you can just buy a bidet, you don't have to build one. :p

·
Registered
13,003 Posts
I have been to a couple of cinema and drafthouses. While the concept is nice, you still have to have people serving you, walking around and talking during the movie. That may not happen at the Muvico place, but it sure can be a distraction. Whenever I get a chance and am in the U.S., I will try to drop by and see a movie. Although I must confess, I am addicted to the Torus screen at the AMC theater down here in the country of Miami.

Ericglo

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
We still go to the theater to see the big sci fi or other special effects movies. No matter how fancy, they can't compensate for the fact that there is a glaring lack of good manners among people today and they think nothing of carrying on loud conversations, wandering about, etc., while the movie is on. Plus this business of showing ads infuriates me. We used to go to theaters practically every week, now once every 6 months is more typical.

Dan

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Grant
The Crapperkicker! (tm) (or is it the ****kicker? (tm))
Michael,

Do you remember the TV commercial for clap-controlled remote on/off device called

"The Clapper(tm)":

"Clap on...,..Clap off.......The Clapper"?

The rest is an exercise left to the reader. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.