AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Anyone know where I can still get Zombie Farm and Birthright HD DVDs?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wow, such a useful list!

I would like to point out though that "Star Trek: ToS: Season One" was falsely advertised. I bought it a couple of months back and it is not Season one, but rather a collection of fan favorite, fully remastered, episodes spanning all three seasons. This was super disappointing as I paid $40 for the set and I'm still going to end up having to buy an actual Season One DVD release in addtion to this.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
i very well may have missed it but i didn't see this one .

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Children of Men, BD release on the 26th.

·
Banned
7,720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qualar /forum/post/16382027

Wow, such a useful list!

I would like to point out though that "Star Trek: ToS: Season One" was falsely advertised. I bought it a couple of months back and it is not Season one, but rather a collection of fan favorite, fully remastered, episodes spanning all three seasons. This was super disappointing as I paid $40 for the set and I'm still going to end up having to buy an actual Season One DVD release in addtion to this.

What are you talking about??? I own this HD DVD set and it IS the first season ONLY and IS NOT a "fan favorite collection" of all 3 seasons...

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by westgate /forum/post/16382204

i very well may have missed it but i didn't see this one .

I haven't either until now.
I'll add it in as soon as someone confirms it is an HD DVD (which it does appear, likely encoded on DVD-r or DVD-rom, since it's a 3 disc set with only 30 minutes on each disc).

Thanks for discovering that one.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames /forum/post/16382379

I haven't either until now.
I'll add it in as soon as someone confirms it is an HD DVD (which it does appear, likely encoded on DVD-r or DVD-rom, since it's a 3 disc set with only 30 minutes on each disc).

Thanks for discovering that one.

i'm pretty sure it's hd dvd-r. i just got the blu ray version and it's a -r or whatever they're called for blu ray.

104 mins on one disc.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by westgate /forum/post/16382418

i'm pretty sure it's hd dvd-r. i just got the blu ray version and it's a -r or whatever they're called for blu ray.

104 mins on one disc.

Well I went ahead and ordered it, since it appears to be interesting and I like railroad docs. So I'll find out soon enough.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames /forum/post/16382443

Well I went ahead and ordered it, since it appears to be interesting and I like railroad docs. So I'll find out soon enough.

which, hd dvd or blu? not that it matters.

i put the blu ray up on my pj/108" screen and it really looks great, imo. that's after coming off of a 'cumbres and toltec' dvd i have that looks like it was done with a vhs camcorder-yuck!

i'm not so much into rrs as i am the colorado mtn scenery. i used to hang out there a lot back in the day. hd really brings out the best of the scenery.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by westgate /forum/post/16382461

which, hd dvd or blu? not that it matters.

i put the blu ray up on my pj/108" screen and it really looks great, imo. that's after coming off of a 'cumbres and toltec' dvd i have that looks like it was done with a vhs camcorder-yuck!

i'm not so much into rrs as i am the colorado mtn scenery. i used to hang out there a lot back in the day. hd really brings out the best of the scenery.

I ordered the HD DVD set, and I'm looking forward to seeing both the doc and the scenery.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames /forum/post/16382504

I ordered the HD DVD set, and I'm looking forward to seeing both the doc and the scenery.

if the hd dvd pq is as good as the blu ray and there is no reason why it shouldn't be, i think you'll be impressed.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by westgate /forum/post/16382514

if the hd dvd pq is as good as the blu ray and there is no reason why it shouldn't be, i think you'll be impressed.

I received my set today, and it does look pretty good. I wish there was some narration though (maybe there is, but I haven't come across any yet in the few minutes I watched). Just like I thought, they are on single layer DVD-r. Title added to list. Thanks again for the discovery!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames /forum/post/16382504

I ordered and received the HD DVD set, and it looks very good. Excellent detail and color.

Admittedly, I am a train buff as well.

·
Registered
7,935 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames /forum/post/16318101

Thanks, Grubert. LMK whenever other HD DVD exclusives come out elsewhere, that aren't in purple on the list.

Fletch BD has a US release date - June 2.

Scary Movie 4 is out in the UK.

Arizona Dream and King Kong 1976 are coming out in France June 17.

21 - 40 of 111 Posts