AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I've got a medium sized bedroom I'm assembling a little theater in and need some feed back.

My Television is an Olevia 242T 42inch LCD

My sources are a Toshiba HD-A2 (hd dvd) and PS3 (bluray)

My speakers are the Athena Micra package (minus the subwoofer)

My subwooder is a Yamaha YST-SW315

I'd like something fun to hear while watching movies in bed. I've got around $20K in my 2 channel audio system, so this will NOT be used for music. I'd like to keep it on the cheap end (under $300) and have no issues buying used equipment.

From what I've read, these athenas pair well with Harmon Kardon and Onkyo receivers, and initially the 605 caught my eye, but there seems to be a lot of dissatisfied people.

What my best bet? Perhaps a panasonic digital receiver? This will be a 5.1 channel setup only. I realize this is a bit open ended, but all feedback is appreciated.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If anyone cares, I just ordered an Onkyo TX-SR304 at a steal of a price. I won't be able to take advantage of my lossless audio codecs just yet, but it should still be fun for a bedroom now.

At the price I paid I'll either resell it down the line at little loss or just move it to another room. Until then, bedroom theater, here I come.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts