AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend has an Harmon Kardon - HK AVR 154 receiver. She has that connected to two book shelf infinity speakers. I want to buy her a turntable/record player so that she can listen to vinyl for our anniversery. Unfortunately I'm a moron and don't understand what is needed to make this work.

I really can't spend too much on this (preferably under 300 for everything). Do I need a pre-amp? What is my best solution for the money?

Would this satisfy what I need:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tab%3DWatching

or would I still need to purchase something else?

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
Unless the HK has a phono input (which I doubt), you will need a phono preamp. The table you linked to does not have an onboard pre, so you'd have to buy one. Figure an extra $50 from www.phonopreamps.com .

For

·
Registered
693 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by benrubin /forum/post/17014144

Different opinions?

How many Lp's do you have ? are you only going to listen to them "only" for 'your aniversary' ? do you really see analog in your future ?

While mcnarus makes a good equipment recomendation given your budgetary constraints, I was currious as to where you are headed ???

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitch54 /forum/post/17018591

How many Lp's do you have ? are you only going to listen to them "only" for 'your aniversary' ? do you really see analog in your future ?

While mcnarus makes a good equipment recomendation given your budgetary constraints, I was currious as to where you are headed ???

I think she will be a casual vinyl listener - not an audiophile.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts