AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My heart was set on a slim 5 Middle Atlantic audio rack. But my construction has gone way over budget and last night I dreamt a solution to my problems.

i have already built the cubby hole for the slim 5 but instead of buying the rack I will build shelves for my equipment and position them within the cubby hole. I have a door at the back of the cubby hole for wiring. Then to make the whole thing look ok Im getting my local glazer to make me a tinted glass door.

Given the cost of the slim 5- around a grand- this solution will cost me about $100 and look just as good.

BTW how hard is it to fit the TS+ and GoM fabric- Im about to get the materials this week

·
Registered
33 Posts
One large for a slim M.A. rack sounds way too high. I just installed one in my theater and the base rack was about $180. Shelves are extra but you can use generic rack shelves that are cheaper. Sides are extra for the rack but depending on what height rack you may choose I have two sides that I did not use if you are interested. Check out markertek.com.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Unfortunately, I've discovered that even generic rack shelves aren't too cheap. What/where was the cheapest you found them?

·
Registered
139 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have three spare shelves with custom faceplates. You can take off faceplates and just use the shelves. Would sell for $25.00 a piece or all three for $65.00. The shelves are originally from

1.) Sony Sat B2

2.) Toshiba 3006 DVD Player

3.) Panamax max 1000

If anyone interested, let me know.

Frank

(FASTLS)

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have three spare shelves with custom faceplates. You can take off faceplates and just use the shelves. Would sell for $25.00 a piece or all three for $65.00. The shelves are originally from

1.) Sony Sat B2

2.) Toshiba 3006 DVD Player

3.) Panamax max 1000

If anyone interested, let me know.

Frank

(FASTLS)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.