AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
MyMovie compications

Hey All,
My friend has decided to build me a HTPC. He is stuck, and here is what he says...BTW, this is to catalog my movies so I can discard my BR player for good, almost

" Hi All.
I have a fresh install of Win 7 Ultimate. MyMovies 5.12 AnyDVD*. All updates applied.
Every DVD and Bluray fails after insertion.
It will rip through AnyDVD* manually.
They are going from a USB 3 Bluray to a USB 3 hard drive. connected to the WIN 7 PC
Streams to a Chromebox with KODI.
Thank You

·
Registered
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What does he mean by "every DVD and Bluray fails after insertion"?

Bill

Our attempt is to load a disc and have it rip it to my HD, Every disc we try fails.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
You must have a defective BR player, it should work just as you have it setup.

·
Registered
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just hold on the ripping, play a movie straight from the drive, for say 20 minutes, to ascertain whether there is a problem with the drive.
I'll give that a try to elliminate it as a problem thanks

·
Registered
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are actually 2 drives in the pc. Both of which worked before the fresh install of win7. Neither work now. Let me clarify. This thread was originally in mymovies forum. The drives will rip a movie when using anyDvd by itself. It doesn't work when automatically ripping within mymovies.
I'm going to try the region code tonight.
Thanks.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Our attempt is to load a disc and have it rip it to my HD, Every disc we try fails.
My last experience (which was quite a while ago) with ripping DVD's with AnyDVD was that AnyDVD likes to take exclusive control of a DVD upon insertion while it processes the contents of the DVD. That could be why your disks aren't playing.

My suggestion would be to remove AnyDVD from the HTPC and check that the disk plays correctly. If that does fix the problem, recommend you do your ripping tasks on a separate machine.

·
Registered
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Problem solved, it was a pathway issue.

Now onto missing fanart in XBMC..... I have a disc that ripped but no fanart. Any experts....

Even a good solid link to fix the occational missing art work

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
I personally use a program called tiny media manager. Just run it on your movie directory and it will load all the fanart etc into the directory of the movie file it self. It also has excellent renaming function to make it compatible with XBMC/KODI so Kodi never has to go out to the web to get the data. Also makes it much faster updating the Kodi directory even if it gets corrupted or wiped out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts