AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if this is redundant, but all the threads I could find regarding this issue were fairly outdated and I'm hoping to get some up-to-date advice.

I recently got a new Samsung B860, a great set, but the downside is there's only one shared component/composite hookup. I have my cable box, PS3 and dvd player hooked up via HDMI (so still have 1 HDMI slot open), but I have a Wii and PS2 I'm wanting to connect as well.

I've looked trying to find a good auto-sensing component A/V switch, but the options seem fairly limited without spending a large amount of $$$. Being as I've already sunk a large amount of money into this project, I'd like to find something that will fill the need without breaking the bank (hopefully under $50.) Unfortunately, it seems the majority of devices require either manual selection or come with a remote (and I already have more than enough remotes to keep track of now.)

Can anyone suggest a good component A/V switch that can handle a minimum of 2 component hookups (both audio & video), that can auto-detect which device is on, and that won't degrade image quality?

Any and all help is much appreciated.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Get a component+audio > HDMI converter and use it to connect either the Wii or the PS2 to the remaining HDMI slot (whichever one works better with the converter you choose). Can be had for under $50, and all of your devices will be connected.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by nded /forum/post/18171751

Get a component+audio > HDMI converter and use it to connect either the Wii or the PS2 to the remaining HDMI slot (whichever one works better with the converter you choose). Can be had for under $50, and all of your devices will be connected.

Yes, that would work just as well. Can anyone point me in the direction of a unit like this? A quick search on Google only showed ones with a price starting around $150+, which is far more than I'd care to pay.

Much thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts