AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have been eyeing the 1154 as well. The only other one available is from JVC (JXS111). The JXS is about $100.

The problem with the JVC is, the component video inputs are limited to 30MHz. This is barely sufficient for 480p, but nothing else. According to the pixel clock on my Radeon, 720p is about 83MHz.

My "no-name" compoent video cables are rated flat to 100MHz.

I'm cheating right now using an "A/V" selector, but it does introduce some blurryness.

Can anyone obtain the frequency bandwidth specification for the 1154?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just ordered one of these bad boys yesterday, and they are on back order :( I'd like to know about the frequency bandwidth for video as well, although I'm not too worried about it.

One interesting fact is if they are using the same audio switching circuitry as the 1177 Switcher, you can mix and match coax and optical for your various inputs and it will convert it to the other type on output, so you don't need to standardize on expensive optical cables if one of your devices only does optical audio output (like the Xbox).

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think you guys have been forgetting about the awesome Inday 4xRGB :D incredibally high bandwith, switchable via pronto remote (or an individually purchased remote) and cheaper then the audio authority switch :D

www.inday.com for more info :D

I've used it for about a year and I can attest to 0 degregation in picture quality :D

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TogaAssasin,

the current one has no digital audio swithching. Is this correct? I believe that the next generation will have it. Will it be 2 channels digital or 5.1?

·
Registered
81 Posts
The inday has no audio switching what so ever (not even analog RCA) it's purely a component video (or RGB) switch. I don't belive inday has any intentions of adding any audio switching to the 4xRGB :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Small world...We are in the same boat...Our RPTV only has 2 component inputs and dvi. The kidz have all the consoles with component cables and we have a dvd player...

I was looking at AV Receivers and even found the ones around 900 bucks only have 2 component inputs..I was hoping these receivers would be ok and I would not have to spend 200 bucks on a switch..

·
Registered
42 Posts
From a support engineer at Audio Authority:

Quote:
Hello Adrian

The bandwidth of the 1154 is 100Mhz @-3db.

Tech Support Mgr.

Charlie Patrick

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes...I am looking also for a component switch box, which does not degread the signal.

I am looking at AV Receivers in lieu of the switch box, but most Receivers I have seen only have 2 max component inputs and didnt see any specs as mentioned above.

·
Registered
93 Posts
FWIW:

I have the 155S S-video switcher from them. It does a nice job of cleanly switching, but uses the audio to sense the switch.

The problem this creates for me is that I have the DVD as input 1 (higher priority) and SAT as input 2. If the DVD doesn't have audio in the menu then the switch does not occur automatically (I need to override using the front pushbutton).

Not sure if the 1154 uses the same sense, but you may want to check this out

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.