AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my wii connected to my projector and my 480i TV using component cables (using Y splitters) . I usually have the wii set to 480i so it will work on the TV, but sometimes set it to 480p when playing Zelda on the projector. Sometimes I forget to set the resolution back to 480i before I shut down my projector, so the next time I turn the wii on, my TV can't display it! I have to turn on my projector, switch the wii back to 480i, then turn off the projector. A waste of a lamp spark.

My question is: is there a blind way to switch between 480i and 480p w/o going through the settings menu? Holding a button on startup would make sense.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Menu selection is the only way I know of. However, if you use the included composite cable for the TV (or an s-video cable) and swap the cables in the back of the Wii, it will always do 480i for the TV and 480p (or your last component setting) for the PJ. Not an elegant solution, but it saves on those PJ startups.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.